PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 1894CSS

Lunk
01-29-2010, 04:31 AM
So I finally got to go to the range with my new '94. I've had it since September but every time I tried to go either something came up or I forgot to check the calendar and the rifle line was closed.:groner:
But I finally got a chance to run about 45 rounds through it today. In a word I LOVE that rifle! [smilie=w:
The last center fire rifle I owned was an SKS and I liked that one allot too but it's not near as nice as that Marlin.

I had some miner glitches with it as many new CSS owners did but I got those squared away before I went to the range and at least for me it has all been worth it.
Now I just need to run through the rest of this ammo to break it in so I can get at the cases for reloading. :-D
I'm really looking forward to being able to customize the bullet as well as the charge to the gun to improve accuracy. I'm going to need every edge I can get, being blind as a mole and all.

Just Duke
01-29-2010, 07:33 AM
I just got the same one in 44 magnum too. Glad your happy with your Lunk.

rob45
01-29-2010, 08:00 AM
DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! DANGER! [smilie=l:

I'm going to need every edge I can get, being blind as a mole and all.

Ya' gotta' be quiet about the vision problems when Duke is around. He started an entire thread about how to corrupt your mind and turn the gun into a vile outcast!:kidding:

Actually, that's one of the advantages of the Marlin action (that unfortunately I have to take advantage of).
Sweet little guns; I'm glad you like it.

Just Duke
01-29-2010, 08:05 AM
DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! DANGER! [smilie=l:

Ya' gotta' be quiet about the vision problems when Duke is around. He started an entire thread about how to corrupt your mind and turn the gun into a vile outcast!:kidding:

Actually, that's one of the advantages of the Marlin action (that unfortunately I have to take advantage of).
Sweet little guns; I'm glad you like it.

Yes I'm evil. Moo Hoo Ha Ha Ha. <maniacle laughter> :bigsmyl2:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=70128
Marlin's are great if you need to scope a gun. :redneck:

Southern Son
01-29-2010, 11:34 AM
I just got home from holydays in Brisbane (only staying tonight, then leaving to go to Townsville tomorrow morning) and found that my Marlin 94SS had arrived. Guys put it in the safe at work for me untill I got home. I have cases, powder, primers and bullets (store bought, don't have a mould yet), but I won't be back home for another week. It was good to be able to sit down and fondle the new rifle, but I am getting frustrated with not being able to load up a few and go shoot it.

Lunk
01-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I saw that posting Duke, I don't know if I want to go that far (yet). I figure I'll start with a peep site and see how that works for me.