PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a deal on a .454 FA....

Bucks Owin
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Someone sure "stole" this handcannon! Gunbroker #49807905

A premium grade (M-83?) 10" FA .454 with premium sights. Fired 10 times. At the last minute someone bid $1,000 and got it. I had contacted the guy and would have gladly paid $1500 over 6 mos....

Oh well, "the power of cash now" I guess!

Dennis :(

lar45
06-07-2006, 01:44 AM
That sounds like the deal I needed when I was shopping for a 454.
You just have to keep looking as the're always popping up. I was looking at one in 50AE for several weeks that didn't have any bids and started at $1050. I really wanted a rim on the case though, so I ended up getting a 500 S&W.

Gun broker can be a dangerous place to browse on.
Auctionarms.com has a nice search function. You can put in what the max price your looking for. such as go to the pistol section and type in $120 for a max price and see all the affordable toys that pop up.
I ended up getting 2 32 S&W top break revolvers(not S&W make) and a 32 H&R mag by H&R for about $160 with shipping all from the same guy.

Don't go there, you may find something that will deminish your FA money.

Bucks Owin
06-07-2006, 11:53 AM
That sounds like the deal I needed when I was shopping for a 454.
You just have to keep looking as the're always popping up. I was looking at one in 50AE for several weeks that didn't have any bids and started at $1050. I really wanted a rim on the case though, so I ended up getting a 500 S&W.

Gun broker can be a dangerous place to browse on.
Auctionarms.com has a nice search function. You can put in what the max price your looking for. such as go to the pistol section and type in $120 for a max price and see all the affordable toys that pop up.
I ended up getting 2 32 S&W top break revolvers(not S&W make) and a 32 H&R mag by H&R for about $160 with shipping all from the same guy.

Don't go there, you may find something that will deminish your FA money.

I hear ya pal...

I got a 98% OM Super Single Six from GB last year for $201...
(Had a small chip out of one grip panel and only the mag cyl)

I swapped the mag cyl for a mint LR version which is presently being fitted and one hole rechambered to .22 WMR. Might as well have the hammer down on an empty mag chamber right? ;)

Best regards, LOVE that C-Red!

Dennis

One day I'll find a M83 in .454 or .500 WE that I "can afford"......sigh

Swagerman
06-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Sure glad I'm not afflicted with that hand cannon disease, just buying the cheap stuff like old S&W .44 specials and .45 Colt calibers is keeping me broke.

Jim :mrgreen:

swampmaster
06-07-2006, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=Swagerman]Sure glad I'm not afflicted with that hand cannon disease, just buying the cheap stuff like old S&W .44 specials and .45 Colt calibers is keeping me broke.

Jim :mrgreen:[/QU

just courious what a NIB S&W 624 3 inch is worth

Swagerman
06-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Swampmaster, you trying to infect me with that 624, its working...:mrgreen:

I'm not up on the newer stuff in the S&W line, all my guns are blue pre-war in the .44 and .45 Colt.

But I would guesstimate a 3 inch 624 sounds like a special made up lot for a vendor, probably bring five to six hundred if in decent shape.

I'm really into blued revolvers, even though I own a couple of Stainless ones.

Got a Randall in original box with broshures, first stainless pistol ever made. Also have a Colt six inch Anaconda.

Jim