PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Weight??

BBQBrew
01-27-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm new to the casting world and I wanted to know... do you sort all your cast bullets into weight groups and than reload according to weight? Or do you take the 124g mold bullets and load them as if they are all 124g? If you are loading for general target/plinking shooting.

I figure if you are trying to make the most accurate you would probably be more concerned with weight?

Sky King
01-27-2010, 07:54 PM
I asked the same question
Check the answers I received on 1-22-2010 for "Weighing Cast Boolits"

Edubya
01-28-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm new to the casting world and I wanted to know... do you sort all your cast bullets into weight groups and than reload according to weight? Or do you take the 124g mold bullets and load them as if they are all 124g? If you are loading for general target/plinking shooting.

I figure if you are trying to make the most accurate you would probably be more concerned with weight?
Load them as if they are all 124. If you are bullseye shooting or really concerned about 1/2" over 25 yards, you might want to keep them separated by weight.
Your COL will make as much or more of a difference than a couple of grains of weight on the boolit! Pistol range/speeds will not be the determinative factor, nor will the weight of 2 grains; it's the grip and the shooter!
EW

PS; Welcome to the forum!

Wayne Smith
01-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Casting for pistol is different than casting for rifle. Casting small boolits is different than casting big boolits. There is really no one answer. Check the other thread.