PDA

View Full Version : EZ Mold Handle by MSM Inc

scrapcan
06-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I bought one of these in a box of stuff. Still in packet and looked unused. I wasn't sure if it would be useful.

It is a rather intersting addition to a mould. I think those who cast with a gloved hand could really get some use out of this.

See the link for what the product looks like. I did a search on the forum and did not come up with it, so either I am not a good searcher or it hasn't been discussed in a while.

http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/cart/asp/select_item.asp?item=13189

Mk42gunner
06-06-2006, 09:46 AM
How does it work, just clamp on the sprue plate for more leverage? It seems to me that it would be more useful on a four cavity mold than on a single or double cavity.
Let us know how it works out.

Robert

scrapcan
06-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah it just has a slot that fits on the sprue plate that has a set screw to hold it on. You can see it in teh picture. the handle then protrudes further out and does not get as hot as the sprue plate. Gives a little more leverage when cutting prues without the aid of a mallet or sprue knocker.

I did not buy it out right, it was just in abox of stuff I bought. Interstign concept but I don't know if I would spend the money when I can lop off a piece of hard wood broom handle or use a gloved hand.

Who knows maybe time and more use will change my mind. It does give more leverage and doesn't get as hot when cutting sprues with the hand.

Dr.Doug
06-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I saw this several years ago in the Dixie Gun Works catalog. I planned to order one, but never got around to it. I'll be interested in your impressions, too.

Doug