PDA

View Full Version : 40's From 9mm's

SWANEEDB
01-27-2010, 12:22 AM
First I modified a Lee 357 mold to pour the lead right into the 9mm case, case was trimmed down to .588 with primer removed, I used all winchester brass, these boolits all weigh 165grs, + or - 1 gr.
R to L, filled case, H P boolit, H P boolit after using a round nose seater die, last has the XTP type serations. These were not annealed, that's going to happen next and then onto the 44's from the 40's, will also modify another lee mold for that project.
Yep, I'm holding one of these boolits in my hand, Gus is really not that big I'm just a little guy.
Hey B. T.--------------it's all your fault, were having a blast with this project.

ANeat
01-27-2010, 12:28 AM
That cracked me up[smilie=l:

Those bullet look great though...

BT Sniper
01-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Glad to see you are enjoying the projects. Bullets look good. Wait till you see how good they look loaded!

Pretty good results at +or- 1 grain. Someone was bound to figure out how to poor the lead directly into the case. Chances are the hot lead may have annealed the case a bit too.

I think the credit really goes to Michael (Kawalem) as it was his succes with the 429x40S&W that got me interested in this hobby in the first place.

SWANEEDB
01-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Thanks B T, I didn't think of it but maybe the hot lead did do a little annealing. Will load some up and get em down range--when it warms up--. Gus is hungry, gotta go out and rope a beef, he gets one a day.