PDA

View Full Version : Where to send Single six Cylinder to have bored out

Bullshop Junior
01-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Where can We send a Ruger single six 22 Mag cylinder to have it chambered for 32 H&R?

Thanks

Crash_Corrigan
01-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Maybe Cylindersmith?

missionary5155
01-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Good morning
I have had John Taylor (member) do some work and it was #1 !

Whitworth
01-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Jack Huntington -- (530) 268-6877 -- once you go Jack, you never go back......:p

He does all of my gunsmithing, but has built me several first rate customs like my .475 and .500 Linebaughs.......

Bret4207
01-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Brownells offers 32 cal blank cylinders I think. Just FYI.

NHlever
01-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Where can We send a Ruger single six 22 Mag cylinder to have it chambered for 32 H&R?

Thanks

Do you have a centerfire frame? That is the hard part of that conversion, and I understand that even Hamilton Bowen doesn't do that conversion. I did make a couple of prototype offset firing pins at one time, but they didn't work so well. They wanted them done a certain way, so maybe that idea would work out with more thought. Since the firing pin is lower on my SSM, I would think the hammer, and transfer bar would also have to be changed. Another hint would be to locate on the locking latch slot of the chamber that is going to be in battery when you do bore the chambers out. They should be bored, and not drilled, or reamed so you can correct any errors in the original cylinder when you do it before the chamber is finish reamed.

S.R.Custom
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Do you have a centerfire frame? That is the hard part of that conversion, and I understand that even Hamilton Bowen doesn't do that conversion...

I suspect he (and others) will be soon. Seems to me it wouldn't be too tough to weld the RF hole shut, and drill & tap the frame for the new screw-in firing pin and bushing they're using on the new SP 101 revolvers. The hard part will be indexing the firing pin hole to the chamber, but in the grand scheme of gunsmithing, that really isn't hard at all. The transfer bar and hammer part would be simple substitution of parts.

Speaking of the new SP 101 firing pin set-up, I looked at a sample at the SHOT show... The bushing screws in from the hammer side with a spanner much like that of the pommel nut of a knife. Piece 'o cake.

dubber123
01-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I suspect he (and others) will be soon. Seems to me it wouldn't be too tough to weld the RF hole shut, and drill & tap the frame for the new screw-in firing pin and bushing they're using on the new SP 101 revolvers. The hard part will be indexing the firing pin hole to the chamber, but in the grand scheme of gunsmithing, that really isn't hard at all. The transfer bar and hammer part would be simple substitution of parts.

Speaking of the new SP 101 firing pin set-up, I looked at a sample at the SHOT show... The bushing screws in from the hammer side with a spanner much like that of the pommel nut of a knife. Piece 'o cake.

Thanks for that little tidbit. I was looking for just such a critter.. I think a long drill bit with brass bushings on the shaft to keep it centered, inserted through the bore should give you dead center primer strikes.