PDA

View Full Version : my first black plastic pistol.

Lloyd Smale
01-24-2010, 07:56 PM
went to the buddys gunshop and he had a berreta px4 storm 40 sw. It was suppose to be used but i pulled it down and couldnt see where it had been shot. He gave it to me for 350 bucks so i couldnt pass it. Beleive it or not ive probably owned a 100 handguns through the years and ive never had one of them black plastic ones. I put 200 rounds through it when i got home and it seems to run just fine.

buck1
01-24-2010, 08:12 PM
I am old school, I just cant get used to plastic. Good or bad , its not for me. My loss I am sure. But so be it. But no doubt it works and good 4 u on finding and making a good deal on something you wanted! ...Buck

Trey45
01-24-2010, 08:29 PM
I have 2 of the PX4 pistols, one 40S&W and one 45acp, the 1st time I shot the 45 I put 10 inside an inch and a half. I've got over 1K through each, great guns. I really like that rotating barrel for some reason.

dubber123
01-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Black plastic Lloyd? Damn, those back pain pills are some good chit mister! (I have been fooling with buying a plastic pistol for a few years now, not there yet)....

OutHuntn84
01-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Good deal! Congrats!

captaint
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Lloyd, I'm happy for ya. I don't have any plastic guns (except for the AR) yet. Not because I don't like them.....just haven't met one that I "needed". Not yet... enjoy Mike

cattleskinner
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Lloyd, didn't you have a couple LCP pistols tucked in various places?

Pistolero
01-24-2010, 11:03 PM
I have shot the .40 Px4 storm and found it one of the most accurate and best handling pistols around. Good sights and trigger too. Then again I always liked the 92FS as well.

Sounds like you got a great deal there!

Have you also seen the S&W M&P?? another great plastic gun.

Sprue
01-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I just recently got one of them black plastic subcompact 2x4's too, it's also a first for me as well.

I've only put twenty or so test rounds through it so far. I only had the time for a fuction test. At this point I have sorta neutral feelings about it. I thought it being subcompact it would carry much better but I guess I'm ultimately partial to my five and six shooters.

Reason I bought it was although it was fairly reasonable (used), it also has three lunar specks on it. However the batteries must be getting low too as you can only see them in the night. Still haven't figured out how to tell if its pinned & recessed though.

I'm not sure if its broken or not, maybe just a hidden loose crane screw. Every time I hit the cylinder release that funky looking cylinder falls out the bottom, I guess thats why it came with three spares. I AM a little apprehensive about the manufacturing company since they are based in the Outback. The model number is a 26 "no dash".

If I have trouble sleeping tonight I just may go on one of your marathon sessions Lloyd.

Well I better go, I'm gonna go soak that thing in gasoline over night then run it through the rinse cycle tomorrow, afterwards dry it off in the microwave if the sun is not out. Guess thats supposed to be a New Age benefit. Yeah, old school here, but I thought I would try one.

My buddy is having a field day, he may even cease all communications at some point. :shock: I think I'll Will it to him.

thenaaks
01-24-2010, 11:36 PM
congrats...sounds like you got a heck of a deal. the px4's received good reviews in either guns&ammo or american rifleman...can't remember which.

Lloyd Smale
01-25-2010, 08:02 AM
yes i do i guess it never crossed my mind that they were plastic guns too.
Lloyd, didn't you have a couple LCP pistols tucked in various places?

Lloyd Smale
01-25-2010, 08:04 AM
ive shot the m&ps and allways thougtht if i got a black gun it would be one of them. Problem is i never see them on the used gun racks. I refused to by a glock and the sigs and H&Ks are a bit more the i wanted to spend. I just figured that ive really never seen a beretta that didnt run well.
I have shot the .40 Px4 storm and found it one of the most accurate and best handling pistols around. Good sights and trigger too. Then again I always liked the 92FS as well.

Sounds like you got a great deal there!

Have you also seen the S&W M&P?? another great plastic gun.

fivegunner
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Tell me me it`s not true, of all the people I know , you would NEVER own one of those Plastic pistol`s :groner:. but then you got me to thinking , I think I`ll trade my S&W 625, (the one You said you would like to have ) in for a Highpoint 9mm. mybe they will throw in a box of ammo!. just had to yank your chain.

Lloyd Smale
01-25-2010, 10:23 PM
want to trade it for a beretta storm! ;)