View Full Version : Postal Match Rules

Bullshop Junior
01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Ok here are the Rules and Classes for the 2010 Cast Boolit postal match

Classes -

#1 - 100 yard - Scoped Rifle - Bench Rest
#2 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Rifle - Off Hand
#3 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Lever Gun - Off hand
#4 - 100 Yard - Scoped Handgun - Bench (scope or red-dot)
#5 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Revolver - Bench
#6 - 25 Yard - Iron sight Handgun - Off hand
#7 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Traditional muzzle loader RB only - Off hand
#8 - 100 Yard - Scoped In-line Muzzle loader Conicals only - Bench
#9 - 50 Yard - Iron Sight Single shot Handgun - Bench

Rules -

You can use any kind of target that you like.
5 Shot Groups In all Classes
Off hand Means OFF HAND standing on your own back feet, with out a rest OF ANY KIND!
On the target write - what caliber your gun is (30/06 Etc) - What class is it for (#1 Etc) - What boolit your shot, and what it was sized at, and what lube you used (Lyman #314299 @.312 - Speed Green - Etc) - Your load (CCI #200 - 50.1gr of IMR 7828 - R-P 30/06 case - Etc)
HAND CAST BOOLITS ONLY!!
Match ends May 15 2010. I will wait about 1 week after the end date to grade targets.
One entry Per Class Per member
Send all targets too

Daniel Congiolosi Jr.
HC 62 Box 5640
Delta Jct, AK 99737

When you send a Target please post on this thread, so that I know it is coming.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=73582

Thanks and Have FUN!

PepperBuddha
01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Purchased cast or self cast OK?
I haven't actually cast my own yet...

Bullshop Junior
01-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Purchased cast or self cast OK?
I haven't actually cast my own yet...
Boolits Have to be hand cast. You can buy them if need be.
No commercial boolits

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=73582

Thanks

Bullshop Junior
01-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I am going to try to shoot early, so I don't have to look at every one elses targets, and see what I have to beat. Working with my 30/06 right now.

Bullshop Junior
02-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Bump! I want this to stay at the top!

wiljen
02-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Bump! I want this to stay at the top!

Made it stick, tell me when it can come down and I'll pull it.

Bullshop Junior
02-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Made it stick, tell me when it can come down and I'll pull it.
Ok, thanks!

Bullshop Junior
02-10-2010, 01:35 AM
I am bumping again. Have not got any targets yet.

autofix4u
02-13-2010, 12:25 PM
I plan to send targets for class 2,3,6,7. but will be a week or so before i get a chance to shoot. Sounds like fun!

badgeredd
02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
One question...You say conical for scoped in-line...does a REAL boolit qualify as a conical?

Edd

Bullshop
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM
badgeredd
I think as long as its not a ball its a boolit.

Bullshop Junior
02-14-2010, 10:56 PM
One question...You say conical for scoped in-line...does a REAL boolit qualify as a conical?

Edd
Yes it does

giorgio
02-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Your postal match is simple and inviting.A very good idea of yours.
No fuss no money ,no red tape.No targets sailing to and fro across the Pond.
I have taken out of my arsenal a 308 mod 70 hb,scoped,to morrow I am going to clean it,and load some ammo,as soon as the weather gets better I'll shoot some groups.
For offhand rifle shooting I'll have to train a little more,and for offhand revolvers too.

Bullshop Junior
02-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Your postal match is simple and inviting.A very good idea of yours.
No fuss no money ,no red tape.No targets sailing to and fro across the Pond.
I have taken out of my arsenal a 308 mod 70 hb,scoped,to morrow I am going to clean it,and load some ammo,as soon as the weather gets better I'll shoot some groups.
For offhand rifle shooting I'll have to train a little more,and for offhand revolvers too.
You do not need to shoot all classes. Just the ones that you want to.

Tazman1602
02-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Junior I'm in.

Work has toned back so I should be able to shoot in the next month and send you the targets.

I don't want to hear you guys laughing all the way from Alaska though...........<GRIN>

Art

Bullshop Junior
02-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Junior I'm in.

Work has toned back so I should be able to shoot in the next month and send you the targets.

I don't want to hear you guys laughing all the way from Alaska though...........<GRIN>

Art
Ok, we will TRY not to if you like.

Tazman1602
02-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Ok, we will TRY not to if you like.

LOL. I'll whup you with jacketed and my rifles to 600 yds but man I am the worlds WORST handgun shooter at times.............

I'll be sure to mark caliber so you know I wasn't sending a SHOTGUN target............................

Art

giorgio
02-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Do not try to put brakes on me,my cowboy alias is Bufalo George Dega not because i hunt buffalo,but because I am a big buffalo myself.
or at least ,a little overweight, or florid obesity as my principal at the hospital used to say.
I hope that your clever idea grows up and produces a dozen of rifle cathegories.
I admire a fellow with a Sicilian name living in the Alaskan outback.
I too prefer to live in a small village than in an overcrowded city.

44man
02-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Bullshop just clued me in to this.
I see a need for a revolver class too, instead of just pistol. I don't have any molds for my pistols.

mroliver77
02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I am assuming "pistol" is being used generically to mean handgun.
Jay

Bullshop
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Yea I am sure he meant any gun you can shoot with one hand. Guess that will leave out the S&W X frame huh.
Since I have substantial influence and persuasion with the official scoring judge all target enhancement donations should be directed to BS Sr. not Jr.
BIC/BS

Bullshop Junior
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
OK, I did mean Handgun, and I meant any kind of handgun, auto, single shot, revolver, etc.

I changed the 50 yard bench class to revolver.

There is no target enhancement service.

stubshaft
02-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Sounds great!

Can't wait to get time to go to the range.

Thanks for the effort to put this together!

Bullshop Junior
02-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I added a 50 yard single shot handgun class.

Bullshop Junior
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM
I have only got Targets from one member so far. We need more targets. We can't the one member come in second place in a 1 man match!

Tazman1602
03-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Ends May 15th right???

Hey I'm on the paper at 10yds now with my revolver JR, hang in there with me I'll get you a target yet...............

Art

giorgio
03-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Be patient,we had the very first decent weather week since november,the snow has just began to thaw.

excavman
04-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm trying to talk my grand daughter into shooting this match and the milsurp, I supply the guns and ammo. She's 17 and has won the local turkey shoot 5 of the last 5 years. You guys don't mind gettin' beat by a girl do you? My right eye has gotten so bad I may have to learn how to shoot left handed, but I'll get in the pistol events as soon as the spring winds lay here in north AR.

sundog
04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
News anchor was talking to the local weather guy yesterday on the evening news discussing the DAILY forecast. The anchor asked the weather guy when the wind would stop blowing. Without missing a beat the weather guys says, "oh, June or July..., " and keeps right on talking daily forecast.

Sooooo, when the wind stops blowing...

I canceled high power last Saturday due to wind. We shot a few prone targets for practice and then took it to the house.

felix
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Gosh, Corky, we need to apply some Ken-tuck instincts. Windy yesterday, but not so bad down here last Saturday and Sunday that we couldn't hit a can at 80-100 bobbin' in the H2O. Reminds me, gotta' make a call or two. ... felix

imashooter2
04-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Well, it took me forever, but I finally got to the range and I have a target for 50 yard iron sight lever. Looks just under 3 inches to me, but the official Judge will rule.

Shot some 50 yard revolver too, but the results were plain embarrassing. :oops:

dhain
05-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Do you need to receive the targets by the 15th or is that the last day for shooting?

imashooter2
05-02-2010, 02:21 PM
15th is the last day for shooting. He'll wait a week after that for targets in the mail.

giorgio
05-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I shot a target,at last.
This spring,I was plagued by foul weather and active Italian cowboy shooting and ,at last I shot a fifty meters with my Marlin 30WCF carbine.
Nothing to boast about,I tried a 6 cav ranch dog mould,and as you can see I can keep inside a BIG and steady boar.
The sons of sows do not keep steady in the hunting fields,they do run.
Hope you 'll go on with theese matches,they are fun and I hope the next time I'll do better.

Bullshop
05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
I like the postal matches too. Too bad that with our large membership we cant get any participation though. So far Jr. has received a total of 1 target from outside our house. I may be 100% wrong and it may be 2 targets but not more.
He gave what like three months or more for the match. He and I have submitted targets from Alaska so weather would not seem to be a reason for non participation.
He even personally invited some folks from CB that often claim to have an edge on others and claim to do quite well but no show. I just cant help to wonder why.
With all the talking, and info sharing, and all the other CB shooting related discussions going on here with so many telling of so many great successes with thier CB shooting and only one target submitted? How sad!!! From a group that is supposed to be all about CB's, SHAME on you!!!
No offence meant, just humiliation.
BIC/BS

giorgio
05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I have mailed the red target in the picture this morning,shipped by priority mail.
This week end I am going to a so called Long Range Match(just 200 meters )at a range south of Siena.
I'll have to shoot the course of fire of that match, eat some Pappardelle with wild boar sauce and came back home on monday evening.
ON tuesday I'll shoot a scoped rifle at 100 yards and a Mod. 17 Enfield at 50.
And I am going to mail them on the next morning.

Though our climate is not Alaskan it rained every other day in the last two months .Not the best weather for rifle shooting.
Our pistol range is nearly all covered,and that we can do in any weather,

Bullshop
05-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Good man Giorgio!!! You have joined the ranks of the few, the proud, the brave.
BIC/BS

imashooter2
05-07-2010, 06:00 PM
I like the postal matches too. Too bad that with our large membership we cant get any participation though. So far Jr. has received a total of 1 target from outside our house. I may be 100% wrong and it may be 2 targets but not more.
He gave what like three months or more for the match. He and I have submitted targets from Alaska so weather would not seem to be a reason for non participation.
He even personally invited some folks from CB that often claim to have an edge on others and claim to do quite well but no show. I just cant help to wonder why.
With all the talking, and info sharing, and all the other CB shooting related discussions going on here with so many telling of so many great successes with thier CB shooting and only one target submitted? How sad!!! From a group that is supposed to be all about CB's, SHAME on you!!!
No offence meant, just humiliation.
BIC/BS

WOOOO HOOOOO! I'm guaranteed a top ten finish!:p

You aren't the only one that has noticed that there are a number of folks that type great groups, but never seem to have a target available.

Matt_G
05-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Well in my case, I saw this thread a couple of months ago and then promptly forgot about it. :groner:

Having said that, I do need to go to the range next week. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I need to do some testing with my .270 Win. With any luck at all I'll have a target worthy of submission for Class #1 - 100 yard - Scoped Rifle - Bench Rest

deerslayer
05-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I have to admit I just noticed this thread!! Had I more time I would have loved to send in a target. its to bad you'all could have got a good laugh at my group or lack of.

Matt_G
05-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, I got out today and shot that .270.
To bad I didn't read the rules before leaving for the range.
I always shoot 10 shot groups. Rules state 5 shot groups. Woops. [smilie=b:
Couple of loads look like they have promise but I had a flyer or two in each batch. Pretty sure those were me, not the load.
Anyways, I can't send in one of these targets and I can't get out to the range again before the deadline. :sad:

giorgio
05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Went to the range yesterday,stormy weather,wind and rain.
I shot a scoped Winchester 70 hb 308 win caliber at 100 meters and a Pedersoli Rolling block in 30WCF.
Next time I will surely do better.
In the last year I have shot a lot in cowboy action shooting and short range practice with brush rifles.and have almost forgotten all the tricks of precision bench rest shooting with a scoped rifle.
I am happy to have taken out of my gun closet my old Win 70,it was covered with dust.
I hope there will be another postal match,with more advertising in this site,it should be shown as the top of the forum display,not as the very bottom of the line.
I have sent you,the two targets,this morning by priority mail.

Matt_G
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Maybe I should send in a target even though it's a 10 shot group, sorta. :lol:
What do you think Daniel?

roysha
05-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I saw this too late to enter. I do hope you will be doing this again and if I may make a request, I would like to see a 100 yard off hand scoped "SPORTING" rifle class.

Also, is the iron sighted handgun off hand, 1 handed NRA competition style or 2 handed?

imashooter2
05-12-2010, 11:08 PM

I think it would be right decent of you to spot the field 5 shots...
[smilie=l:

imashooter2
05-15-2010, 01:00 AM
T minus 7 days and counting...

Bullshop Junior
05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
POSTAL MATCH IS OVER.

Targets will be scored and posted sometime next week.

Bullshop Junior
05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
If you want to get one in the mail, I will wait for it.

Bullshop Junior
05-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok, I am waiting for one mre target. I will wait for it, and then will post the scores.

Matt_G
05-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Ok, I am waiting for one mre target. I will wait for it, and then will post the scores.

I hope you're not waiting on one from me.
Didn't see your post till now and I already chucked it.

Bullshop Junior
05-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I spent 2 hours this morning putting the results on here, and then the computer lost them on me. so you guys are gonna have to wait till I get a chance to do it agian before you can see the results.

imashooter2
05-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Damned machine probably did it on purpose....

Bullshop Junior
05-31-2010, 03:43 AM
Results Posted here

|
V

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=85312