PDA

View Full Version : RockDock Routed in or Not

Muddy Creek Sam
01-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Howdy all,

Am rebuilding my Loading area, and got my ne RockDock from Pat Marlin. Did you Route yours into the table or not. Reasoning?

Thanks,

Sam :D

Russ in WY
01-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Have a pair of the mounts. Just didn't take the time to route. Wanted them up & running ASAP.. Even if they are routed in the rear cross piece would be above the surface of the bench surface. They would be neat looking routed in tho. If I ever rebuild I may give it a shot. My2¢ Russ.

gary0529
01-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I am pretty much in line with Russ, I wanted to get the presses up and loading.
If-a big if- I re-build the reloading bench, I have lots of ideas and it will probably include routing in the RockDocks along with routing in rails to let me slide equipment around on the bench and free up space an give it an uncluttered look.

Gary

Bob J
01-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Have a pair of the mounts. Just didn't take the time to route. Wanted them up & running ASAP.. Even if they are routed in the rear cross piece would be above the surface of the bench surface. They would be neat looking routed in tho. If I ever rebuild I may give it a shot. My2¢ Russ.

Same for me as well.... Didn't see much value in routing it in and wanted to get if functional as soon as possible....;)

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
09-09-2011, 03:05 AM
If you wish to maintain a solid and hole free bench top, go with the under bench receiver system.

The bench top is totally clear, no holes, no grooves, no cut outs and the tools are quickly removable or exchangeable.

This is the best reloading tool mounting system I have ever seen or used, without exception.

Need a vice at your bench? Just attach a vice to another tool mount and put into place or remove any time you desire.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

FWest
09-09-2011, 06:34 AM
If you wish to maintain a solid and hole free bench top, go with the under bench receiver system.

The bench top is totally clear, no holes, no grooves, no cut outs and the tools are quickly removable or exchangeable.

This is the best reloading tool mounting system I have ever seen or used, without exception.

Need a vice at your bench? Just attach a vice to another tool mount and put into place or remove any time you desire.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Is there a web site or contact for pricing and options for this unit ?

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
09-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Fwest,

A "P.M." is on it way to you.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot