PDA

View Full Version : 45 acp TL452-200-SWC

sixpointfive
01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
looking for load data for this bullet running unique powder. I plan to shoot through my kinber 5" 1911 target model. I need a light accurate load out to 25 yards.

cabezaverde
01-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi and Welcome,

Poke around in the "CB Loads, Your Favorite Cartridge" section. I believe you will find what you are looking for.

35remington
01-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Fairly light?

Try 5.5 of Unique with that bullet. Should generate in the upper 700's in terms of velocity.

gray wolf
01-23-2010, 10:53 PM
what does your reloading book/books say about a 200 grain SWC ?
I don't know how anyone can recommend an accurate load for your particular pistol. A safe load perhaps if you don't seat it to deep. Loads for each fire arm are most of the time worked up with different amounts of the powder you are using. Start low and work up at a half grain at a time and sand bag the pistol. shoot 5 or 8 rounds of the different loads and let the pistol tell you the most accurate load for that pistol.
I see this question very often about gun loads. It goes like this
" I need an accurate load for my Winchester 308 It has a 24" barrel Remmy 700" or whatever.
I can tell you what is accurate in My hardware but it means nothing to someone else.
Not even a starting point if my load is pushing the envelope.
All we can say is what is safe and works for us. Sorry to be kinda short with this but it is as honest an answer as I can come up with.
Sometimes we are so eager to help we miss what is being actually said or ask for.