PDA

View Full Version : Fix for Lee 4-20 Metling Pot Made a New Pin :)

JesterGrin_1
01-22-2010, 09:58 PM
This is the new pin next to the Lee Factory Pin.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/SHAKERATTLEROLL/IMAG0057.jpg

TexReb had the idea to add the small part to go inside of the pour spout to help with freeze up. Do not know as of yet as this is an ongoing process. but thus far I have the first pin made and lapped to the Lee Factory spout. I did however add a washer to the inside of the pot to fit the factory Lee spout as the lip the factory spout has is very small. So this way it should help with any bypass leakage by the spout and to keep it more stable as well as help with extra heat retention for the spout.

blikseme300
01-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Looks good. The pass-through part may possibly cause you grief if the spout cools faster than the rest of the pot. The heavier body of the pin may offset this though.

I needed to make a pouring valve for my self built pots and the best setup I found is shown in the first 2 pictures here: http://bliksemseplek.com/boolits.html

I have cast about 300lbs through this setup since it was built and have had no drips or stoppages. I see you are also in south Texas so you can appreciate that casting in summer is no fun. I should have enough boolits to last me till next winter.

Bliksem

JesterGrin_1
01-24-2010, 07:10 PM
I hope it works out I think we will make a trial run in the next couple of days. As I said I made the pin longer to maybe retain more heat down into the spout along with the little pin made into the pin to go insaid of the spout to maybe help freezing up.

So if it works woo hoo if it doesnt then off comes the little tip lol. :)

miestro_jerry
01-24-2010, 08:13 PM
I wired the valve to the lift rod to avoid the problems of having my 20 pound pot from leaking, the stell rod is lighter than the lead and floats upward.

Jerry

thx997303
01-27-2010, 10:45 PM
This is just a bit of a side project. The main thing that needed fixing was that the spout fell off lol

So, while it was apart, Jestergrin_1 graciously made a new valve rod for it.

Can't wait to try it out.

The only thing I worry about with that little pin is the possibility of it obstructing flow.