PDA

View Full Version : Set trigger problem...

Pistolero
01-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Hello all,

I have a problem (just discovered it today) with the set trigger on my CVA Hawken .50, Well I'm not all that familiar with these things. What is happening is when I set the trigger, then fire, I can hear an audible 'click' but the hammer don't fall......then if I pull the trigger harder the hammer does fall. ????:confused:

I have examined the lock, nothing seems broken on the inside. I have had a look at the triggers and again - can't see anything obviously broken.

Anyone else had this problem??

Any suggestions??:Fire:

docone31
01-22-2010, 08:45 AM
It sounds like the lock needs a bit of lube.

northmn
01-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Remove the trigger and check the spring tension, sometimes they may need to be cranked down a little. Check the lube on the lock and the mortise to see if there is a hang up or something blocking the set trigger. TC's were made with double throw triggers such that they could be fired either set or unset. Also check the set screw that controls the spring tension found behind the rear trigger to permit it to fall back to a no tension state. If that is put in too deep you do not get good spring tension. Do that before you remove the trigger.

Northmn

Pistolero
01-29-2010, 06:17 AM
Well I took it to a gunsmith today and he fixed the trigger problem. (and the ramrod that wont stay in) What had me wondering took him about 8 minutes to fix.

The problem? Well according to him it just needed a bit of a 'tune'. The trigger mechanisim had been screwed with. Now it works like new.

His advice? Where you see the two adjusting screws, don't touch the rear one, only the screw between the triggers, to set the pull weight.

Now all I need to do is shoot straight.............

buckweet
01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
thats good news, glad you got it fixed.

someday ? i'ed like to try one of those ''davis'' dual set triggers, i hear they are really good.