PDA

View Full Version : Picture of my two handguns

Trappererick
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I started hunting with handguns 7 years ago because of eyesight issues and really fell in love with them. Even after I had my surgery I still reach for the handguns first. In fact I think I have carried my rifles only about a half dozen times over the last 5 years. The top gun is a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 44 and the bottom is a Reeder conversion to 475 Linebaugh.

Freightman
01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Nice! look good and I am headed that way myself as my right eye has went south and they do not know what to do for it.

Trey45
01-21-2010, 07:51 PM
I have the Ruger SBH Bisley Hunter 44 Mag. too, what a great gun! Tell us about the scopes you use?

Trappererick
01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Nice! look good and I am headed that way myself as my right eye has went south and they do not know what to do for it.

That is exactly what happened to me. So I figured instead of learning to shoot left handed I would just use a handgun. I had a corneal transplant 3 years ago that helped out the right eye but now the left has gone to hell!

Trey45,

I have a Bushnell 2x6 on the Ruger and a Leupold 4x on the Linebaugh. I like them both but am a little more partial to the Leupold.

9.3X62AL
01-21-2010, 09:10 PM
VERY NICE rollerpistols!

I had a few eyesight issues over the past 2-1/2 years, hopefully resolved now via surgery. Handgunning kept me sane while the process was under way, not being able to see well from my strong side--and only able to bench-shoot left handed with anything resembling accuracy. All should be back in order by mid-March, I'm hoping.

Having one's eyesight compromised is a scary, humbling occurrence. Opthalmologists are miracle workers.

anachronism
01-21-2010, 11:25 PM
You have nice toys

Dale53
01-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Vision problems have driven me to Red Dots primarily although I also have some scoped handguns. I have come to prefer the Red Dots as they are more compact and weigh less. I hardly know I have them on the handgun as they don't affect balance much but I sure do appreciate the MUCH better sight picture.

I am shooting at least as well as when I could see:mrgreen:

Dale53

lead Foot
01-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Your eyes can be a curse when you grow old. My scope just arrived today due to the same problems as above. It's a leupold 4x28FX-11. I use reading spicks for iron sights (1 power) great to 25 yards but I shoot silhouette too and there's the rub. I'm going to the range tomorrow to test. You got a nice pair there Trappererick.