PDA

View Full Version : Trail Boss and 7 TCU

Wayne S
01-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Anyone load TB in the 7 TCU ?? and what Velocity are you getting ??
I measred and 8.0 of TB fills the case up to the base of the neck.

wiljen
01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
The "up to 100% load density" thing only applies to straight wall cases, and you are supposed to work up from 70%. Once a bottle neck cartride is substituited, I am guessing starting WELL below that number would be in order. TB is really fast burning stuff, and according to the tech I talked to, gets really weird if the load is compressed at all. I would prolly call the tech line: 1-913-362-9455. Good luck.

Not True - the Latest IMR data says that formula holds for all cartridges.

"If you don't see Trail Boss data for your favorite cartridge we have a formula for developing loads for all cartridges and it's simple to follow. This formula may be used in both rifle and pistol applications:"

1.) Fill to base of bullet (This is 100% and considered Max).
2.) Multiply that charge by .7 and begin there.

dubber123
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Not True - the Latest IMR data says that formula holds for all cartridges.

"If you don't see Trail Boss data for your favorite cartridge we have a formula for developing loads for all cartridges and it's simple to follow. This formula may be used in both rifle and pistol applications:"

1.) Fill to base of bullet (This is 100% and considered Max).
2.) Multiply that charge by .7 and begin there.

Good to know Will, the tech at IMR I talked to gave me the "straight wall only" bit, but that was 2 years ago. They may not have tested the bottleneck cartridges yet. I will amend my post.