PDA

View Full Version : BT Sniper

338RUM
01-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Hey,

I just wanted to show you what your bullets do at 50 yards from a 44 Mag carbine. but I am getting an error when adding photos. but anyway the group was 1.597 inches with 2 of the bullets making a slight oblong hole 2 others were the same about a half inch apart with 1 flyer that opened it up to that group, not bad for open sights. BTW I was using 9.2 grains of Red Dot. is there any way to buy your bullets? I was using the ones with the folded ends like the XTP bullets (I think that is what they r based off of)

Lead Fred
01-19-2010, 02:47 AM
A Sniper is a profession, not a bullet or a firearm

and a lever gun is not a snipers choice of rifles

I did not find out this was a person DBA, until after I posted this.

My Bad

Willbird
01-19-2010, 07:50 AM
A Sniper is a profession, not a bullet or a firearm

and a lever gun is not a snipers choice of rifles

Some snipers used Mosin Nagant's, a good lever gun would do no worse :-).

And it would allow you to take shots, then top off the magazine with a fresh round each shot.

Bill

338RUM
01-19-2010, 12:23 PM
BT Sniper is a person... I am not stupid... his bullets are top notch... so plz, don't think i know nothing

ANeat
01-19-2010, 01:20 PM
If BT Sniper is making bullets, guess what, Sniper Bullets [smilie=f:

338RUM
01-19-2010, 01:29 PM
look him up he swages bullets that are spectacular, in fact, look in this section for him he seems to hang out here a lot.

acemedic13
01-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Brians bullets are the goods. I have been shooting his stuff since he got this project off the ground. I have had great results with them.They do exactly what they are supposed to do, so far 100% of the time. Look him up.

DukeInFlorida
01-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Your upload picture ERROR is that you are trying to upload pictures that are too big. The error will have indicated the maximum size (pixels X pixels, and also file size) that the pictures must conform to. Edit the pictures, and then post them.

Question: How did you happen to have any of Brian's bullets?

Hey,

I just wanted to show you what your bullets do at 50 yards from a 44 Mag carbine. but I am getting an error when adding photos. but anyway the group was 1.597 inches with 2 of the bullets making a slight oblong hole 2 others were the same about a half inch apart with 1 flyer that opened it up to that group, not bad for open sights. BTW I was using 9.2 grains of Red Dot. is there any way to buy your bullets? I was using the ones with the folded ends like the XTP bullets (I think that is what they r based off of)

Lead Fred
01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Some snipers used Mosin Nagant's, a good lever gun would do no worse :-).

A MN is a far superior firearm for long distance than any lever action

runfiverun
01-19-2010, 06:00 PM
fred you are incorrect about that.

BT Sniper
01-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Great shooting 338 RUM. 1.5" at 50 with open sights would certanly make me happy too. I may have to look into a 44 carbine:).

Thanks guys. There are a lucky few that have gotten the chance to shoot some"Sniper Bullets". Everyone has been pretty happy with them. Wish I had some time and more guns to shoot some of them myself.

I have been toying with many ideas to name the bullets and thought "Sniper Bullets" would be pretty cool but I figured some one would expect "military sniper" like accuracy. Though many have been able to do very well with them. Had anouther suggest "The Original Cartoon Bullet" in reguard to the look of the bullet and case flying threw the air. I'm sure many of you have gotten some interesting coments from the look of these bullets if you have shown them around. I have had a few good laughs from people that could'nt figure it out. That is why I pack them so well when shipping. Imagine trying to explane to a jury or the post master that it is not live ammo.

Ace was certainly the first customer to shoot any of these and has had similar results in accuracy at even greater ranges. I'm glad to here these are shooting so well. There is certainly a lot to like about them, looks, performance, and accuracy, can't go wrong with that.

I have mainly been traded most of my bullets but welcome $ deals. I can't seem to build an inventory as they do move out pretty good when I offer any extras I may have. I have a lot of brass and lead all ready to go. I'll put some together and see what we can do.

Thanks again for the good report. I'm here all the time it seems and will certainly keep everyone up to date on my many projects. Working on puting the improved dies together as the checks have cleared and will be placing orders for the CH dies this week.

Good shooting,

Brian "BT Sniper"

CWME
01-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Picturing my Marlin 1893 in 32-40 as a sniper rifle... Oh yeah she got the goods! :)

338RUM
01-20-2010, 01:51 AM
well BT let me know when you have extras I will make the cash for them

phatman
01-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi All,

Well the Russians did have some Winchester 1895 rifles in a military configuration during WW1.
They were used to great effect during several major battles using volley fire at extreme ranges.

So its not to far a reach to picture one of those as a sniper rifle.

John

Got-R-Did
01-21-2010, 02:36 AM
LeadFred, the "Moldy Nuggets" as they are known around here do put in a good show at the range, but are no match for a Winchester Model 88 or Browning Lever Gun in any caliber available (7MM Rem Mag BLR is a favorite) iron sights or scoped. As for Brian's bullets, they are indeed as advertised! Consistent, accurate, deadly, and yes a rarified commodity. I have been blessed with a fair quantity and look forward to reducing the local coyote population as well a few Whitetails this year. I hunt with a T/C Contender with a 12 1/2" .44 mag bull barrel w/ Simmons 2.5-7 power EER scope. I look forward to working up my loads with these bullets. I am guessing if you try them, you will be equally pleased.
Got-R-Did

BT Sniper
01-22-2010, 03:04 AM
338RUM, are you able to email the pics maybe I can figure out how to post them.

BT

338RUM
01-22-2010, 11:20 PM
yeah I can give me your e-mail in a PM and I will send them on there way

BT Sniper
01-27-2010, 12:16 AM
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/15944group.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/2009_1228bullets0017.jpg

Here is the pick of the group shot with the 429x40S&W XTP Sniper Bullet.

Good shooting 338RUM

blaser.306
01-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Whatcha doing for your cannelure? I'm just looking at rolling my own and am curious !

BT Sniper
01-27-2010, 12:51 AM
That was corbin's hand tool. My opinion is still out on the tool though.

338RUM
01-27-2010, 01:10 AM
BT Sniper, thanks for posting that, also I would be weary of calling your bullets an "XTP Copy" there could be a lawsuit if they really wanted to go that far... BTW my bullets used in that group did not have the cannelure.

BT Sniper
01-27-2010, 01:22 AM
resemblance then, besides mine hase a lube grove! Kind of hard to edit that one as I save the pic that way. Darn lawyers.

Kind of figured with the cannalure but didn't have a pic of the naked one :)

338RUM
01-27-2010, 01:27 AM
I am purchasing a 44 Mag carbine so I will be getting some more of your bullets, I am having my taxes done shortly and will have the extra cash so I may have to go all the way for some of your die sets.

BT Sniper
01-27-2010, 01:32 AM
Sounds good just drop me a line.