PDA

View Full Version : First try w/ Bullshop Sizing Lube

Rockydog
01-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Used some Bullshop case lube for the first time today. This stuff is 'da bomb! In 30 years of reloading I never had cases size this easily. I thought Imperial sizing die wax was impossible to beat. I really think this stuff is better. Just touched two fingers to the surface and was able to lube 7-10 cases without going back for more lube. Inside lubed one case mouth for about each 15 cases. Trying to see how far I could go, I lubed the first case in a string and was able to FL size 3 more with no lube before the third got just a hair sticky. Only thing i've got to try is to see how easily it tumbles off. I'm sold. Rockydog

Bullshop
01-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Rockydog
I think you will find it will tumble off easily. I tumble it off when I do a bunch or just wipe on a paper towel when just doing a few.
Thanks for the thumbs up!
BIC/BS

Calamity Jake
01-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Bullshop, is this the same as your spru plate lube?

Bullshop
01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Calamity Jake
No Sir its not the same as bullplate. Bullplate is a thick liquid and bullsize is more of a semi solid.
To use bullsize just as Rockydog described you just rub a finger on the surface of the lube then roll a case between the fingers. Just enough to see a finger print is all that is needed. Just as Rockydog said and in our experiance there is less felt resistance of the case entering the die than with any other lube we have used, including Imperial. Used side by side there is a noticeable difference. This is especially good lube for radical re sizing.
BIC/BS

.30/30 Guy
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
This is the best sizing lube that I have used. I formed some .270 max from .357 max brass with it. This cartridge has a very steep sholder. Formed the cases in three steps. Only lubed the cases for the first pass. Other passes through the sizing die did not need relubed.