PDA

View Full Version : Midway rules!

mpmarty
01-18-2010, 03:58 PM
I got my birthday discount notice from Midway this morning and since I'd been considering getting a new fl sizer for my 7.5X55 swiss K31 I went ahead and ordered the Redding die. Redding is the only manufacturer that cuts dies for the K31 specifically. My RCBS set overworks the brass making it smaller than needed for the K31 chamber. I called RCBS and they were aware of the situation and offered to sell me a custom die if I sent them some fired cases. I decided Redding was a better way to go. I placed the order online and inadvertently gave my physical address and then chose 1st class mail as a delivery method. The post office doesn't come to my physical address, only FedEx and UPS do. When I got the confirmation email from Midway I realized my mistake and emailed them back. No problem they are shipping to my PO Box address. Great service. When I'm shopping for reloading stuff it's always a tossup between Midway and Grafs as they are both outstanding retailers.

ghh3rd
01-19-2010, 01:43 AM
I recently ordered about a dozen items from Midway, nothing big, totaling about $140.00

The first part came in three large boxes one day, each taking up a very small part of each box. Then another box a couple of days later with one item. Then one box per day for a few more days with one item -- the last two days were large boxes with just a small $2.99 plastic 100 round ammo box.

I've never experienced anything like that before. Seven boxes in all, over a week span! My wife started giving me greif about all of the stuff I was ordering :-).

I suppose they ran out of things as they packed my shipment, and just kept sending as they got the stuff. I appreciated that they didn't hold up my order, but they must have spent much more than they made from me.

Randy

mmorris
01-21-2010, 07:40 PM
No complaint, just curious...
(I think Midway is great, and I still use them unless they don't carry something I need)

Last year I got this email from Midway:

To celebrate your birthday, I want you to have special "Birthday Pricing" on nearly every product on our website.
Your special “Birthday Pricing” offer is good on your next order, but you must place your order by your birthday.
Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

This year I got this:

Well, your birthday is coming. What would you like? Have you told anybody?
Our calendar shows your birthday is next month. Have you thought about sharing your MidwayUSA Wishlist with friends & family?
To view and share your wish list, click on the link in the next section.

Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

No price break this year for me :(

2008 total spent at Midway = $1100
2009 total spent at Midway = $600

Is there a connection to $ spent, or is it just the first year as a customer?

Shiloh
01-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Call 'em and ask. I got the B.D. discount last August. Spent some money, save a good bit of money. I too dropped about $600 Midway last year. More $$ at other vendors.

Shiloh

TAWILDCATT
01-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I will stick with midsouthshooters.com. made order wed got fed express friday today.used to order monday and got order thursday from tenn to Mass.and the box is very well sealed.

targetshootr
01-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Their gunsmithing tips on youtube are great. Always wondered how some of those things were done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32dmdX478eM&feature=related