PDA

View Full Version : 03a3 building on a SOG receiver

improman
01-16-2010, 02:36 PM
HELLO IAM NEW to forums..and i purchased a receiver from SOG in 03a3...then i aquired a brandy new RA FLAMING BOMB BBL...THE reason is i had a nice walnut stock,already..SO does anybody here know on what can be done in genral by doing the work yourself..ive done a few things..but the tips and a few techniques would make it alot easyer,,ive searched here n there and decided your group has the most info towards prodjects..first question...barrel to receiver..ive read theres lineup marks on a websight here somewhere,but ill ask here..or if anyone knows where i could get some info ,,and know the things that you can run into by building this..ok greatly appreciated ..thank you

Hip's Ax
01-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Welcome!! :D

Those 03A3 government replacement barrels are short chambered, your going to need a gunsmith to finish the chamber reaming and set the head space.

If it were me I would get the gunsmith to install and chamber the barrel, then it is a simple matter to assemble the rest of the parts.

improman
01-16-2010, 11:07 PM
hey decent thank you

Lead Fred
01-16-2010, 11:12 PM
If you want your new barrel to shoot worth a darn. Give the smith the barrel and receiver separate.

Let them line it up, and blueprint it

It will be worth it

docone31
01-16-2010, 11:25 PM
I agree.
It is nice to say you chambered your rifle. However, it is even nicer to have it fire without accuracy issues.
In that case, quite possibly the cheapest thing you can do, is get the best smith you can to put the reciever, bolt, and barrel together.
They make these great reamers, they go in your chamber and you ream the finished chamber. Looks great, the read makes it seem simple.
Get a good smith.
You will save money.

mike in co
01-16-2010, 11:41 PM
the bbl will likely have to machined to line up in the reciever...extractor cut is done on the bbl.
then it must be chambered...

not a job to do without a lathe.

mike in co

improman
01-17-2010, 12:15 AM
WELL theres 3 guys that are exceptional,,one does all the warrantee work for berretta,,they arnt that far away either,WELL your ansers are great and very appreciated..YEAS the smith is the bestest way...to go..its all about accuracy..in my book..thanks a bunch..