PDA

View Full Version : MVA midrange veneer + 1874 sharps

6.5 mike
01-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I had ordered a MVA sight on 4 jan while on the boat, very nice lady said it might be 2 weeks for it to get to me. Last night the big brown truck showed up while I was getting my things together to go to the range today. WHAT a difference it made over the *** stamped factory one the rifle came with.
Didn't have enough light in the shop to change the front so shot it today with the post that was on it. So much easier for old rebuilt eyes to see. Did get the hadley eye cup to go with it.
Added the lee shaver globe front (with level ) after cleaning the rifle today. It was here when I got home. Now I will be able to see just what this rifle is capable of, after I get all my brass fireformed.
The blueing on the base & staff look like an early s&w mod 29. Rich, deep, & fla
wless. Best bluing I've seen on anything in years. True pride in workmanship.
Thank you MVA.

docone31
01-15-2010, 09:06 PM
A good sight on a good rifle!
Don't cha love it when it comes together!

6.5 mike
01-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I sure do Doc. Now that I have a lee shaver midrange soule & globe front on the highwall & this set up on the sharps I can start some paper patch load work. I never had this much fun, or learned so much with "j" word bullets.

Southern Son
01-15-2010, 10:34 PM
i put a MVA Soule on my Spagetti Highwall and you are right, they are beutiful to look at and shoot with.

Captain*Kirk
01-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I had ordered a MVA sight on 4 jan while on the boat, very nice lady said it might be 2 weeks for it to get to me. Last night the big brown truck showed up while I was getting my things together to go to the range today. WHAT a difference it made over the *** stamped factory one the rifle came with.
Didn't have enough light in the shop to change the front so shot it today with the post that was on it. So much easier for old rebuilt eyes to see. Did get the hadley eye cup to go with it.
Added the lee shaver globe front (with level ) after cleaning the rifle today. It was here when I got home. Now I will be able to see just what this rifle is capable of, after I get all my brass fireformed.
The blueing on the base & staff look like an early s&w mod 29. Rich, deep, & fla
wless. Best bluing I've seen on anything in years. True pride in workmanship.
Thank you MVA.

....about this sight. Links to a website? Pictures? Approximate cost? (If you don't mind my asking) Do they make one to fit a Browning High Wall? (without the tang?) Thanks...

6.5 mike
01-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Captain*Kirk-www.montanavintagearms.com. The sight cost to my door including hadley eyecup was $400.50. I don't know if you could mount one on the stock without inletting a "base plate". They do have different lenght bases, mine has a 2 1/4" hole spacing on the tang.