PDA

View Full Version : revolver loading stand

pittbull46
01-13-2010, 03:59 PM
does anybody have plans for a revolver loading stand? I need one foe a 1858Rem 44 Thanks

Maven
01-13-2010, 07:36 PM
The January, 2010 issue of "Muzzle Blasts" has a well illustrated article on building such a stand (pp.62-66). Although it shows a single shot pistol in it, you can easily modify it for a revolver.

waksupi
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Paul, I hate to see those things show up on a range. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people loading muzzleloaders with them on the ground, their body directly over the muzzle. Should be much safer for revolver loading, as different technique is used.
Post some pics when you get it made, Pittbull!

Maven
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Ric, I neither own nor use such a device. Loading a BP revolver or single shot isn't much of a chore to begin with and holding the piece in your hand with the muzzle pointed away from you and down range [to load it] is easy enough NOT to require a loading stand. I was just helping pittbull46 out, not taking a position on their desirability or safety.

blackpowder man
01-18-2010, 12:30 AM
My father used to build them for revolvers and single shots. I am in the process of staining an old one that he built and never finished. If still interested I can take some pics and measurements. He shot muzzleloading pistols seriously for a long time and he always used a stand. I was always shot the primitive buckskinning side, but a little age now has me appreciating the finer side. I even left the adjustable sights on the last 4 rifles I bought.

Taylor
01-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Now I'm all about making your own stuff,but Dixie Gun Works has reloading stands.