PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone

rhbrink
01-12-2010, 06:54 AM
I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for all the great post that been made here. This has been the best sub-form that I have been on in a long time, lots of great information and plenty of things to think about on a long cold winter and it ain't over yet. The only problem is that 357 maxium guy and buckweet are costing me money, couldn't stand it any longer and ordered a UH lock from Blue Grouse. Gonna have to round up some wood already have a couple suitable barrels been thinking about unplugging a couple of replacement Green Mountain barrels for a Euro "Hawken" that I won in some long ago rifle match that I could never warm up to. That would give me a 32, 36, 40, 45 fast twist, and a 58 I think that should cover most anything.

357maximum
01-12-2010, 07:11 AM
You are welcome and I charge nothing for the ideas that help give you direction as to how/where to spend your money. I insist on this service remaining free. [smilie=s: Sometimes you just have to give something back. [smilie=s:

Blue Grouse?????????you actually found a human to talk to...simply amazing. I suggest you go buy a lottery ticket.

Your barrel assortment sounds real nice. I have also "recycled" barrels off from toys I could not warm up to or ones from a cheaply purchased relic that was broke or put away wet too many times....it is a system that works well for me.

BTW...Track of the Wolf has a .62 rifled Zephyer for sale... just under $1500....better hurry.:evil:

rhbrink
01-12-2010, 07:54 AM
That Zephyer is out of my price range (retired can't get too karzy) besides I have killed several deer with the 58 and 125 grains of 2ff and can't even imagine why more killing power would be needed unless big bears would be involved, that 58 is pure murder on whitetails.

357maximum
01-12-2010, 08:26 AM
I feel your pain on the $$zephyr$$ thing. Times be a bit tough here in the land of BIG3 withdrawal.

Hard for me to justify a .62 to myself even if I had the $$ for it.

fishhawk
01-12-2010, 09:27 AM
i shoot a .58 and sure don't need 125 gr of FFg to shoot through a deer length wise 75 gr. is more than enough and a lot more pleasent to shoot. steve k