PDA

View Full Version : Spring '10 gathering at the range

01-12-2010, 06:02 AM
If in the wrong forum please move-
Have the dates set finally-16-18 April. Cabins are first come first served except the handicapped equipped ones. Tenting room, RV, or Camper space free. No sewer hookups yet. The kitchen/dining hall is under renovation but we can utilize the Rec hall for the larger meetings and needs. Cooking will all be done over grills or campfire circle. We will have a fish fry ready Fri. PM when you arrive but Sat is campfire with Dutch Oven comp. Sat. evening. Ranges are open constantly. Plaques for last falls cooking awards will be given out. If weather threatens we will have a gas cooker set up to cook with like we used at Griffin lodge last year. For pics and past info you can go to minionreport.net and look under the "connect" forum or PM for specifics. We always have fun, learn lots, shoot a bunch, and eat well. Don't miss it and the cost is $5 per person for camp usage. We have a fun auction Sat. PM and that usually covers the tab for the food/supplies. Last fall we had $40 left over. Just bring a "white elephant" item to toss into the pile-we have some great gifts/items each year to auction-even the XXX Tee shirts-LOL. It is a family event so bring the kids/grands as there are lots they can do. Naturally they need adult supervision at the lake and other activities. We will have registration for the shooting events to make them flow more smoothly and timely. If you are a fisher person be sure to bring your gear. Camp Millstone 4-H camp is online-google it for pics/details/location. Verizon has good service there and there is a camp phone if needed. Hope to see more of you there. If you can help on the range please let me know.

mag44uk
01-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Thats sounds like damn good fun!
A bit too far for me though!
Tony

pipehand
01-12-2010, 09:22 PM
First time I met -06 was at one of these gatherings. That one was in Georgia, maybe 7 or 8 years ago, maybe more. What you'll find at these get-togethersis a collection of solidly patriotic, family oriented Americans whose common community is several preparedness and firearms related forums. Its a good opportunity to put a face, real name and a handshake to the handles we use on the forums.
-06 has been the coordinator of a spring and fall gathering for the last several years, and he puts a lot of time and effort into it. There are classes taught by volunteer members, and sometimes a guest speaker. Last gathering, one of the classes was on handloading, complete with all the hardware and a demo. I believe there might have been a casting class in the past. There was a lady that brought her PVC spinning wheel, and everybody got to try their hand at spinning wool into yarn. Pretty much everything has a self-sufficiency/preparedness focus with fun, food and fellowship mixed in.
I'll be dropping in on Saturday.

Leadforbrains
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Mmmmmmmm!

Just thinking