PDA

View Full Version : Winchester M94AE cross bolt safety

Major Tom
01-10-2010, 07:58 AM
I had read somewhere how to remove that cross bolt. It is ugly and I want to remove it. The procedure used a paper clip to push down a plunger, then push out the cross bolt. Try many times, still cannot remove it. Anyone know how to do this?

Geraldo
01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.gunblast.com/LFCombs-Win94.htm If there isn't enough detail there a google search turned up a lot of hits.

I had a 94 with the crossbolt safety. Every time I took it to the range I would inevitably drop the hammer on the crossbolt safety on my first shot. IIRC it didn't take too many of those accidental drops before the safety broke in half and I just pulled out the pieces. Removal would eliminate the tendency to forget that the safety is on, but the holes don't really look any better than the safety does.

Guesser
01-10-2010, 12:30 PM
I know there is a kit to replace the Marlin crass bolt safety but I don't know of a kit for the Winchester. I would like to have one as I have a customized M94 built on a cross bolt safety AE receiver and would like to eliminate the safety.