PDA

View Full Version : Almost got sick today

earplug
01-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Picking up a brick of CCI Blazer and noticed two men at the counter with some interesting handguns.
They let me check them out. Colt New Service in 44 SPL with a 7.5 inch barrel.
I'd guess it was about 85% with very light freckling old rust.
Other was a very original military 1911 from about 1913-14. Old blue Finish had turned almost plum brown, no rust and it looked completely original to include the two tone magazine. Hammer, trigger slide stop and trigger still had great finish on them. Good edges and lettering did not look refinished.
What almost killed me was they hadn't a clue what they had, they just wanted bullets to shoot.
I suggusted they a least buy some zippered cases for them. They didn't as they were in a hurry to get back to work. They just walked out with the loose guns.
I keep thinking about the two guns sliding around inside their work truck.
:violin:

Hardcast416taylor
01-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Reminds me of the guy that brought his `03 Springfield with the Pederson cut out on the reciever into work to have it run thru the bumper plating chrome process! Several of us tried to stop him from doing this, but he did it anyway. He couldn`t understand why the bolt wouldn`t fit after that or why the barrel wouldn`t thread back on.Robert

Super38
01-09-2010, 07:31 AM
I have a relative that in the same boat. Even if he see you do it and fail misearbly, he has to do it himself.

I on the other hand don't mind when people teach me at their expense. Yeah, go ahead and do that with your gun and let me see how that turned out. (hehehe)

Super38

Dan Cash
01-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't mind when other folks do strange things to their guns; it only makes the remainders more valualble.