PDA

View Full Version : Magazine safety

Pistolero
01-08-2010, 07:47 PM
:grin:Hello,

Just after some opinions on magazine safety's (or magazine disconnect) whatever you wanna call it. It seems to me most law enforcement pistols that are all the rage now, (i'm thinking of the S&W M&P) have one at least as an option.

I have a glock 9mm that clearly doesn't have a mag safety.

I don't really care for a mag safety but it wouldn't stop me from buying an M&P because it is a great gun.

It seems that for law enforcement contracts all major handgun producers offer some kind of mag safety and I guess i can see why. Being a cop I am thinking more 'accidental discharges' than 'bad guy has your gun' scenario.

Any opinions??:Fire:

mooman76
01-09-2010, 01:20 AM
I don't remember the number of police officers shot/killed each year by their own guns but it was surprizingly high. That's what we were taught in class and that is the thinking behind it. If you are struggling with someone(s) and feel they are going to overpower you and take your gun you can maybe kick out the magazine. It gives them one more option.

Russel Nash
01-09-2010, 01:35 AM
I think you can get what is called the "M & P Pro" now that doesn't have the magazine disconnect/safety.

Just an FYI...

Bullshop Junior
01-09-2010, 01:38 AM
:grin:Hello,

Just after some opinions on magazine safety's (or magazine disconnect) whatever you wanna call it. It seems to me most law enforcement pistols that are all the rage now, (i'm thinking of the S&W M&P) have one at least as an option.

I have a glock 9mm that clearly doesn't have a mag safety.

I don't really care for a mag safety but it wouldn't stop me from buying an M&P because it is a great gun.

It seems that for law enforcement contracts all major handgun producers offer some kind of mag safety and I guess i can see why. Being a cop I am thinking more 'accidental discharges' than 'bad guy has your gun' scenario.

Any opinions??:Fire:
Is that a 40 S&W?