01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Original Hopkins and Allen by Numerich 45 Cal Boot Pistol

She is in unfired condition...I will fix that problem this afternoon:bigsmyl2:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/357maximum/UHBOOT001.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/357maximum/UHBOOT002.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/357maximum/UHBOOT004.jpg

rhbrink
01-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Just won't quit will you? Sent off an e-mail to bluegrouseblackpowder checking on prices.

357maximum
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Just won't quit will you? Sent off an e-mail to bluegrouseblackpowder checking on prices.

What fun would that be?:twisted::bigsmyl2:[smilie=w:

I am pretty sure that place is defunct....I never recieved any correspondence back and it has been over a year with several tries........GOOD LUCK

twotoescharlie
01-08-2010, 03:34 PM
bluegrouse is kaput,been out of parts and kits for over 2 years.
I purchased the last 50 cal. buggy rifle kit over 2 years ago.

TTC

buckweet
01-08-2010, 03:39 PM

ya, we gotta do something about him.... but what ?

p.s. theres a ''offhand'' H&A on gunbroker now.

buy it.

buckweet
01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
i honestly thoughts 357max was a good guy, till he started tormenting everybody, and with a pistol to boot !
what he needs to do is send it to me for testing ... for say ?? 30-40 years ?

works fer me.... :)

buckweet
01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
ahhh.... cannot stand it anymore....
im going off an pout.

and check my tracking numbers again !!!! [evil laugh] hahahahaahahaahahaha !!!

357maximum
01-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Buckweet..you go and pout.:violin:..while you do that I am going out back as soon as SWMBO gets up for work and make some 45caliber smoke:evil:

I won't even mention the beasty 36inch 58caliber brass framed PRB rifle I have in the works....would not want to hurt anyones lil feelings or nothing. :violin:

357maximum
01-08-2010, 03:58 PM
i honestly thoughts 357max was a good guy, till he started tormenting everybody, and with a pistol to boot !
what he needs to do is send it to me for testing ... for say ?? 30-40 years ?works fer me.... :)

SNOWBALLs CHANCE IN that HOT place all the congress critters are going.

buckweet
01-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I won't even mention the beasty 36inch 58caliber brass framed PRB rifle I have in the works....would not want to hurt anyones lil feelings or nothing. :violin:[/QUOTE]

ohhhh ?! really ?! wheres those little smiley pissin contest pictures ? :mrgreen:

ohh no you wont hurt my feelings at all..... [@#$%^&*&^%$] NOT !!!
grrrr...

me go pout some more...[insert whine/snivel] ......:brokenima

357maximum
01-08-2010, 05:59 PM
She is no longer unfired.:bigsmyl2:

Went out back and at touched off a bakers dozen. 1st shot was a bit left of the 9inch rock poking out of the snow on my berm. Gave the sight a slight drift and walla. At 25 yards a .440 roundball over 40 grains of 3f was wicked fun. I did not bench it just shot with my elbows on the hood and I kept about a 4inch...ish group......my fingers got numb and I came back inside.

Stripped her completely down and cleaned her, give her a good lubin and put her back together..........A H&A pistol is built a whole lot different than what I had always pictured. They simply took a section of barrel and bored in from the rear a long ways. Installed a hex head breech plug into the back end of the barrel. Then there is a big air gap where the trigger/hammer sit. At the very rear of the barrel there is a floating plug that closes off the bored "access" hole and also holds the threads for the handgrip and the hole for the trigger plunger...........pretty simplistic, but I think I like the 2 part rifle construction with removable barrel method a bit better....far quicker and easier to clean.

maybe I will put a few more clothes and some handsocks on tomorrow and give her a real test. She could use a bit larger grip to fit my paws a bit better. Now I just have ro decide between osage and fruitwood............hmmmmmmmmmm

buckweet
01-08-2010, 06:38 PM
osage... osage...osage

still in my corner.............. :(

buckweet
01-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Buckweet..you go and pout.:violin:..while you do that I am going out back as soon as SWMBO gets up for work and make some 45caliber smoke:evil:

I won't even mention the beasty 36inch 58caliber brass framed PRB rifle I have in the works....would not want to hurt anyones lil feelings or nothing. :violin:

ahhhh... i caint stand it...ok,i'll bite...
tell me more about this ''brass frame 36'' .58 caliber''

you drivin me nuts.

pouting now.

357maximum
01-09-2010, 04:39 PM
ahhhh... i caint stand it...ok,i'll bite...
tell me more about this ''brass frame 36'' .58 caliber''

you drivin me nuts.

pouting now.

Look down a few threads..
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=72325

So far...the frame is done and enroute...the wood is blanked, and the 7/16 ramrod is in my posession..............thats it. The rest is coming at some point..This is not going to be complete anytime soon.

Ajax
01-09-2010, 04:44 PM
i would like to see pics when its done thats for sure.

Andy

Hanshi
01-09-2010, 04:48 PM
[smilie=b: I really got a soft spot for underhammer rifles for totin', huntin', shootin'....but never could warm up to the "boot pistol" style for carrying around. Seems they'd be great for targets or primary huntin' arms, though. I kinda put them in the same category as, say, the T/C Contender and other "hand rifles". Specialized, I guess. :killingpc

buckweet
01-10-2010, 02:12 AM
[smilie=b: I really got a soft spot for underhammer rifles for totin', huntin', shootin'....but never could warm up to the "boot pistol" style for carrying around. Seems they'd be great for targets or primary huntin' arms, though. I kinda put them in the same category as, say, the T/C Contender and other "hand rifles". Specialized, I guess. :killingpc

i've got a .50 cal, t/c contender BP barrel, on its way. traded for it.
soo, kinda a freebe, dont haves hardly anything in it,
but ? it dont ''sing'' to me like an underhammer does,
but, we'll give it a try, guess everybody needs a 209 shooter. right ?

:confused:

buckweet
01-11-2010, 04:14 AM
i've got a .50 cal, t/c contender BP barrel, on its way. traded for it.
soo, kinda a feebe, dont haves hardly anything in it,
but ? it dont ''sing'' to me like an underhammer does,
but, we'll give it a try, guess everybody needs a 209 shooter. right ?

:confused:

musta been the ''209 shooter'' part that scared everybody off....:shock:

rhbrink
01-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Yep!!!

buckweet
01-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Yep!!!

i knew it !!! :bigsmyl2:

Hanshi
01-11-2010, 04:57 PM
A T/C is too modern, that's why. The boot pistol was the Contender of the 19th century and better all around, IMHO. There's magic in old style guns you don't see in the modern ones.

buckweet
01-11-2010, 07:28 PM
A T/C is too modern, that's why. The boot pistol was the Contender of the 19th century and better all around, IMHO. There's magic in old style guns you don't see in the modern ones.

magic ? im going to haves to agree, whenever i pick up my old 1878 45/70 trapdoor.....

it talks to me....... honest.

buckweet
01-11-2010, 07:38 PM

altho ? i do have the ''old'' cougar frame's contenders, but the only barrels i have lefts is .30 herrett, and 7mmTCU,super 14's
and one old 45/.410 ten incher. i better go look and see if theres others.
also... a .357 barrel, ten inch full bull...another one im making into a .357MAX, but just haven't got-r-done yet.

and a 45/70 rifle barrel, and now this 209x50 barrel.
:brokenima

buckweet
08-09-2014, 09:21 AM

you ever get your underhammer ?

Hanshi
08-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I do still have a few more "modern" pieces that I treasure but they are mostly safe queens. Most get exercised at the range from time to time but no longer in the field; been that way for many years. I sold off most of what I had to finance flintlocks....and I'm talking things I loved, too.