PDA

View Full Version : 32 ACP - Success at last

arclight
01-08-2010, 02:58 AM
So after giving up on the Lee 30 carbine mold that I cut down to 71gr in the lathe, my CAS shooting buddy suggested Redline bullets for a good 32 ACP slug. It turns out that you can buy their 78gr slug for $26/500 through Dillon Precision.

I just got done loading 500 of these, and they finally look good. What a PITA to load that caliber.

Does anyone know why the old RCBS dies I have do not have any sort of chamfer on the bottom to make inserting cases easy? I had to hand-jiggle each one into the sizing die.

Cheers,

Arclight

Caveape
01-08-2010, 03:28 AM
I've had no problems with their new 32auto carbide sizer. I've enjoyably run several thousand thru it.

You could add a slight chamfer yourself, or send it in to them with your concerns about it and see what they do for you. I know of very few upset RCBS customers.

I in fact had a defective 32 acp steel sizer die (or a special application die of some sort and I did not know exactly how special it was). I sent it in to them with an explaination and a few samples of what it was doing to my cases and in a few weeks they sent me a brand new CARBIDE sizer die!

It's worth a shot!

NickSS
01-08-2010, 05:43 AM
I have a set of RCBS 32 ACP/32 S&W long dies that has a carbide sizer. I have loaded hundreds of 32s using the lyman 77 gr bullet sized to .312. They work fine in my Berretta Tomcat. The last batch I made up really bark and hurt my hand when they go off. and the brass travels over 15 feet. I think they are a bit warm so when I reload them I am cutting the load back a bit.

arclight
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
What powder are you running with that Lyman bullet? I'm right at 2.0gr of W231 for this batch.

Arclight

I have a set of RCBS 32 ACP/32 S&W long dies that has a carbide sizer. I have loaded hundreds of 32s using the lyman 77 gr bullet sized to .312. They work fine in my Berretta Tomcat. The last batch I made up really bark and hurt my hand when they go off. and the brass travels over 15 feet. I think they are a bit warm so when I reload them I am cutting the load back a bit.

9.3X62AL
01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I've used Lyman #313249 for a long time in 32 ACP. I recently got a #311252 that is designed for the caliber, and need to empty out some loaded rounds to enable the use of the newer castings.