PDA

View Full Version : Has any one picked up production of the RD molds?

Tristan
01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
I know that NOE is doing the RD designs sort of, using instead standard lube grooves. Has RanchDog allowed anyone to do an exact copy of his original designs, made for Liquid Alox?

I am real sorry I missed getting a 165 gr. 30 cal from him while he was still offering them.

Thanks,

- Tristan

rob45
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
I think the TL grooves are something only found in the Lee molds. Could be wrong there.
The RD molds seem slightly modified from the original Lee TL grooves; perhaps to also be able to use conventional lubes?

I think you'll either have to contact Lee, or watch the buy/sell section here. Be prepared to jump in quickly, because they move fast when they do go up for sale.

Gee_Wizz01
01-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I believe RD authorized and possibly encouraged Lee to add his designs to their current line of molds. I think if you search through this site you will find some posts from RD on this subject. Whether Lee is going to do this remains to be seen. Lee probably needs to hear from us to persuade them to proceed. If they don't, NOE seems to be our best bet. I have a number of original RD molds and like you, I did not get a 311-165 from him before he closed shop. I did purchase one from NOE and it is wonderful to cast with and is also very accurate. While it is not a TL design it still works great. Hopefully Lee will put Ranch Dogs molds into production. I still need a .338 Mold and am holding out for an RD style.

G

dualsport
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Where can I see pictures of the RD designs?