PDA

View Full Version : Left hand holster?

use enough gun
01-06-2010, 07:33 AM
I finally got a scope for my BFR in 45/70, got it mounted and sighted, really love it. My problem, I can't find a shoulder holster or for that matter any holster for a 10-1/2" BFR with scope for a lefty. Am I the only guy that shoots lefthanded? Short of a custom made holster what do I do? Dave:evil:

winelover
01-06-2010, 09:57 AM
I finally got a scope for my BFR in 45/70, got it mounted and sighted, really love it. My problem, I can't find a shoulder holster or for that matter any holster for a 10-1/2" BFR with scope for a lefty. Am I the only guy that shoots lefthanded? Short of a custom made holster what do I do? Dave:evil:

Forget the scope, just put a sling on that thing. [smilie=l:

Seriously, I too am left handed and I went with a Bianchi nylon rig for my scoped Redhawk. Bought it many years ago, so I'm not sure if they still offer that line. My wife has a nylon Uncle Mike's for her scoped Blackhawk and it too was available in LH. The Bianchi is nicer, though, because it has some adjustment in the trigger guard area and it is much more rigid.

Winelover:Fire:

use enough gun
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Uncle Mikes no longer offers a holster for such an animal. I'm really scratching my head wondering what to do. After having spent all the money for a scope and rings I'd hate to have to put the irons back on it. Dave

snowwolfe
01-06-2010, 02:33 PM
As a lefty myself you will most likely have to find a local leathersmith and have them make one for you. Bet you can get a first class rig made for under $175.

ebner glocken
01-06-2010, 04:17 PM
A leftie myself with a BFR I have heard good things about these.

http://qh-holsters.com/

Ebner

Houndog
01-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm also a lefty! I've started buying from Don Hume leather goods. I find his prices reasonable and the quality is very good, and like he told me, "if you don't see what you want, I'll make it."

Bullshop Junior
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
#1-Get Another Gun
#2-Make One Yourself
#3-Spend a bunch of money to have one made, where it might be cheaper to use option #1

use enough gun
01-06-2010, 07:42 PM
#1-Get Another Gun
#2-Make One Yourself
#3-Spend a bunch of money to have one made, where it might be cheaper to use option #1

They'll pry my BFR out of my cold dead hands first. It's the most amazing revolver I've ever owned, it will die with me. Dave

ebner glocken
01-07-2010, 08:07 AM
They'll pry my BFR out of my cold dead hands first. It's the most amazing revolver I've ever owned, it will die with me. Dave

I tend to disagree. Unless you shoot ALOT or like to push pressure limits beyond anything logical I don't doubt your BFR will not die with you but last much longer.

Ebner