PDA

View Full Version : A little busy latly

BT Sniper
01-06-2010, 04:18 AM
Got quite a few PMs here latly and will do my best to get back to all of you. Got some work that is going to keep me a bit busy next few weeks. I still check in severial times a day though.

Latest project is a .458 die to make 400 grain bullets from the 45 ACP case. Got the die made with a spoon cutter but still need a bit of polishing. My last unusable success produced a .464 bullet. This time I got the base of the bullet right at .458 but it gradualy tapers up to .440 before the tangent of the ojive so I still have a bit of polishing yet to go. I'll post some pics soon.

Glad to here from those of you that have placed orders for swaging dies. You will enjoy the results. A bit of a steep learning curve. Buck Shot mentioned it in another thread and it has rang true for me many times. When things start going wrong or you get frustrated all you need to do is get up and take a break. You'll know it when it happens or you are like me and smash your thumb, ding a base punch, brake a press or worse a die, ejector pin, cut the cord to your grinder because you triped the breaker and forgot to disengage the lock before reseting it, etc., etc., etc., you get the point.

Good shooting, I'll get to the PMs when I can,

Brian

CWME
01-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Thank you for all the information you have put out here for us all to see. The pictures and descriptions have been great and an inspiration to try this new hobby.
You also got me dusting off the metal lathe and firing that up again. Not very good at it as yet, walked away from that 7 months ago out of frustration... Almost got a punch made for the 22lr last night, almost... When your almost there don't go back to make it "morebetterer"... :x

BT Sniper
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Yah I have tried the "more better" and ruined things before. They say a good artist knows when to quit.