PDA

View Full Version : Case annealing machine

JSH
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
What are those of you using for this. I have a couple of friends that are really set on getting one. Between the two of them the figure 500+ a month. Way more than I would enjoy doing by hand.
One of their questions was about the KL machine they were looking at. Seems Ken wouldn't turn loose of much info as to which wheels will fit what assorted calibers.
thanks
jeff

jmorris
01-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I built the one below details are in the sticky one page back. It takes about an hour for it to anneal 1200 .223 cases and one wheel fits all calibers.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/annealer/DSC01810.jpg

powderburnerr
01-05-2010, 11:56 AM
last night I used my rcbs prep station , set the case on the primer truer and while spinning , torched it when the inside turned , easy to see, I flicked it with my finger . About 15 minutes for a hundred cases ...and a lot of that was coming up with the idea....Dean

cbrick
01-06-2010, 01:55 PM
One of their questions was about the KL machine they were looking at. Seems Ken wouldn't turn loose of much info as to which wheels will fit what assorted calibers. thanks jeff

Hhmmm . . . Something odd sounding here. I know Ken personally and that sure doesn't sound like Ken. I also have his annealing machine and can vouch for it being a high quality, extremely well built unit. Here is an article written by Ken and Jim Harris on annealing.

Cartridge Case Annealing with the BC-1000 Annealer (http://www.lasc.us/CartridgeCaseAnnealing.htm)

Rick

Jon K
01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Ditto..........Wat Rick said.

Just call Ken, he'll tell you what shell plates you need.

Most are basic..........so it's not hard to figure, look at the parent case. Sometimes the plate will be different for short cases.

I've had mine for 25 years, and would buy another in a heartbeat, if needed.

Jon

JSH
01-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Don't take the above comments wrong gents. I have ordered several sets of sights and bases from Ken in years past. I have never had any issues.
The one fellow that called him, can be, well challenging to answer at times. A good guy but hard to communicate with over the phone. He has a hard time describing what he wants let alone understanding what you tell him.

I think I will just call Ken myself and tell him what calibers will be annealed and then see what shell plates we would need.
Thanks
jeff

Russ in WY
01-10-2010, 01:32 AM
+ 2 or was it 3 ??? On the Ken Light machine. Three of us here in Cheyenne own his unit with about 6 different caliber wheels. Best thing since [Sliced Bread] s they say. My 2¢ Russ.