PDA

View Full Version : InterArms dragoon

Phat Man Mike
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
my .44 mag had a problem over the weekend! the screw that holds the extractor tube came out:shock:. I think the treads are gone by looking at it. any idea how to fix it? [smilie=s:

lathesmith
01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Yes, thread the existing hole to the next-largest size, using the finest pitch you can get.

lathesmith

deltaenterprizes
01-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Retap it to a larger size thread, unless you want to replace the barrel so you can use the original screw! LOL If it is a #6 go to a #8, they are usually National Extra Fine thread taps should be available from Brownells screws also. I don't think Helicoils are made that small. Or it could be TIG welded and drilled and tapped for the original size. I can think of a couple other ways but those should give you a good start.
Is it blue of stainless?

Phat Man Mike
01-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Retap it to a larger size thread, unless you want to replace the barrel so you can use the original screw! LOL If it is a #6 go to a #8, they are usually National Extra Fine thread taps should be available from Brownells screws also. I don't think Helicoils are made that small. Or it could be TIG welded and drilled and tapped for the original size. I can think of a couple other ways but those should give you a good start.
Is it blue of stainless?

it's the blued model! guess I'll check out the sites listed thanks :drinks: