PDA

View Full Version : struk gold, er lead today!

JMtoolman
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I stopped at a local tire shop today and lucked out! I got a full five gallon bucket of wheel weights. I gave the guy $5.00 for it, he was going to just give it to me for nothing. I said I would check in about once a month if he would save them for me. He said he would see what he could do, for a lot of guys looking for them. Now I will have to let the snow melt off of the bucket, and wait for warmer weather to smelt! The toolman.

John Boy
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
JM, it's always nice to have an empty bucket to give in return for the full one. Works for me. PS - Congratulations

Edubya
01-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I get empty 5 gal buckets from several sandwich/deli shops for free and the WW inventory continues to pile up! BTW, I just give the bucket to the tire shop and he gives me the one from my previous visit with WW in it.
EW

hoosierlogger
01-04-2010, 08:39 PM
JM, it's always nice to have an empty bucket to give in return for the full one. Works for me. PS - Congratulations

If you are their regular pickup guy and no one else gets any of them, drill a couple of holes in the bottom of the bucket. It will help get rid of snow, rain, and chew spit. Dont over do it with the holes, or you will be picking up alot of wheel weights up off of the ground.

chris in va
01-04-2010, 11:13 PM
I'd offer him more than $5. The last 5gal bucket ran me $20 and I thought that was a steal. At least give him a case of beer or something.

lylejb
01-05-2010, 12:10 AM
If you return with Beer / donuts/ pizza he might think of you next time one of those "other guys" stops by:bigsmyl2:

dolang1
01-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I agree with lylejb. I had a source that I was paying $10.00 a bucket. His price, not mine. When I went back, the third time, they didn't have any weights and didn't have time to talk. I suspect a higher bidder. Later Don