PDA

View Full Version : Restructuring

6pt-sika
01-04-2010, 02:10 AM
I was fortunate to be able to acquire three very nice flintlock longrifles over the last eight months !

The first was a Blackhart 45 cal in the "Dickert" style , the second was a 50 from Brad Emig's shop in the "Virginia" style and the last one was a Isaac Haines 54 that was done mostly by Getz the barrel makers brother in law with some later add ons by Clay Smith .

Anyway I have kinda decided the 54 suits me the best of the three !

So now I'm hashing around the idea of liquidating the 45 and 50 and taking some of the proceeds and have a really nice 54 Hawken made :bigsmyl2:

357maximum
01-04-2010, 02:18 AM
Restructuring as you put it is something I wish I could follow through on. I think about it, I talk about it.........I can just never seem to follow through with it. I admire your thinking......GOOD LUCK.

Baron von Trollwhack
01-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Or you may wish to consider that in the current economy and probably for ten years into the future, inflation will continue, and that includes the wage requirements of M/L builders of quality. Thus the ones you have will increase in value. A savings account in the credit union will get you 1.2% if you are lucky. That's my bet anyhow. BvT

1874Sharps
01-04-2010, 07:36 AM
If you gentlemen are like me, then you have a tendency to get attached to your firearms and regard them as old friends. It can then become a bit hard to trade them off and part with them. Be that as it may, I am trading off a Browning A-5 Light Twelve in 90%+ condition for a BP arm or two. I got the Browning in a trade and have not shot it that much so I suppose I never got that attached to it.

northmn
01-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I have a 54 longrifle I am really thinking of getting rid of. I built it when I did a lot of summer match shooting. Unfortunately it is just a little long when wearing a heavy coat in MN deer seasons. Its replacements being made along with a couple of others that I pick away at. If I kept 2 of the riles mentioned I would keep the 45 as they are really a nice rifle to shoot.

Northmn

6pt-sika
01-05-2010, 02:50 AM
If I kept 2 of the riles mentioned I would keep the 45 as they are really a nice rifle to shoot.

Northmn

I don't really want a 45 to shoot paper with !

Already have an original A.B.Smith 36 caliber halfstock percussion for that [smilie=w:

Charlie Sometimes
01-07-2010, 11:54 PM
If you gentlemen are like me, then you have a tendency to get attached to your firearms and regard them as old friends. It can then become a bit hard to trade them off and part with them.

Judge Judy says "Firearms are NOT sentimental!"
What the H does she know?

I beg to differ- they demand my attention regularly, and I am attached! They couldn't do without me either.

buckweet
01-14-2010, 02:48 AM
judge judy ?

hahaha !!

northmn
01-15-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't really want a 45 to shoot paper with !

Already have an original A.B.Smith 36 caliber halfstock percussion for that [smilie=w:

Depending on where one lives as to range and everything else a 45 has taken a lot of deer. Works well out to 75 yards, some have done better. The 50 is about as good a deer rifle as one can get also. Depends on the build and everthig else. A 45 or 50 can be built into some very shootable lighter weight rifles.

Northmn