PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this pic...did these bullets obturate? Yes or NO?

Russel Nash
01-03-2010, 10:44 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q101/chills1994/squibs.jpg

Trying to inject some levity to this situation...don't take me or this thread so seriously, 'kay?

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

EDITED: a new image link back to my photobucket

357maximum
01-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Is the redX supposed to be part of the folly?

I don't see no steenkin boolits.

stubshaft
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Those new X tip square groove boolits make it hard to tell but yuo can definitely see the foreshortening of the tip right below the crimp groove.

Russel Nash
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
357Maximum wrote:

Is the redX supposed to be part of the folly?

I don't see no steenkin boolits.

Funny how the pic will show up in a preview of your post but won't show up when you actually post the thread to the forum. Weird! :confused:

Anywhooo...I did the right click save thing to my hard drive and then re-uploaded it to my photobucket site. You should be able to see it now.

Heavy lead
01-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Better put some extra powder in that next one.

powderburnerr
01-03-2010, 11:08 PM
looks like they obdurated so much they bulged the barrel eh!

beanflip
01-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Now I know where waksupi got his loob grooves ........ notice they are missing!

7of7
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
It looks like the first one and the second one did, there is a gap in between the two,... and the rest may not have since there is no gap between them... But then you may consider that they may like each other and wanted to stick together....
This kind of thing happens when you leave these things next to each other in the magazine for to long, they tend to get accustomed to being close to each other and they don't want to get to far away.....:veryconfu

docone31
01-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I was at a range perhaps 25yrs ago, back when IHMSA was taking off, and there was this dude.
He had gotten a Ruger Super BlackHawk, and had gone from firing factory to reloads.
At the range, he targeted, pulled the trigger, his target was on the berm at the 100rd line, and nothing hit the bank.
He rapidly pulled the hammer, sighted, and pulled. Nothing.
He did this to empty his pistol.
We were all standing around at this time, the noise made it obvious something was happening that was out of the ordinary.
All six were in the barrel!
I had heard the Super BlackHawk was strong, and I had an older one, but that was something.
We heard nothing on the pistol. The person went somewhere. I made sure I double checked the primers, powder charge. I was new to reloading, I checked everything.
Well, one day, the barrel showed up at the range! The person had had the barrel replaced! I know nothing of the condition of the pistol overall, but I did see six jacketeds in the barrel. They looked like the barrel above, except, the first round was tight like all the rest. There was no room between the bullets.
I have had one squib go off in a rifle. Couldn't chamber another, that is how I knew. But six stuck in a tube! I also do not know if he was firing magnums, or .44 specials. Either way, it sure was plugged. No bulge, but plugged. The barrel was cut in half on this one.
Something you remember for a long time.

lwknight
01-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I have a mere 22 rifle with a bulged barrel from a 22 short bullet getting stuck and being shot out with another. I would say that the bullet obturated the barrel totally and inargueably.

swheeler
01-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Wow that is one heavy weight bullet! That front portion must be the soft nose?

357maximum
01-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Everyone seeks the true one hole cal size group......some say it ain't possible...well there ya have it...photographic evidence of a one hole group@ caliber size.

I answered YES btw.

Russel Nash
01-04-2010, 12:15 AM
I wonder if he actually had bullets fall out of the muzzle of the barrel and then hit him on the foot.

:mrgreen:

Ya do know that a .45 ACP 1911 typically holds eight in the magazine, right?

:veryconfu

Is that the first four we are looking at inside the barrel....or the last four?

:confused:

JD Yellowhammer
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
That ain't a barrel, it's a Polish sizing die! (Apologies to the Poles, here. Didn't know what would be safe or pc, and "lawyers" didn't work right).

Shiloh
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
The barrel is bulged from the last boolit driven into the one in front of it.

SHiloh

Marlin Hunter
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q101/chills1994/squibs.jpg

How could someone not suspect something was wrong after the first shot?

357maximum
01-04-2010, 02:26 PM
That is the most severe case of LEADING I have ever seen in a 1911...doh

azrednek
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM

He was distracted by the shooter in the adjacent lane with obturated string stoppers.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/dnisbet/bow-2.jpg

Russel Nash
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Man! I would like to obturate her.

Russel Nash
01-04-2010, 03:01 PM
357 Maximum wrote:

That is the most severe case of LEADING I have ever seen in a 1911...doh

Yeah, that might take several Choreboys and some elbow grease to get rid of that leading.

fourdollarbill
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
That had to have been on purpose. Unless he had a super fast trigger finger that could not stop.

Frozone
01-04-2010, 06:33 PM
He was distracted by the shooter in the adjacent lane with obturated string stoppers.

That's a Bow! How's she shoot that without getting the left one in the way, in the wringer so to speak?
There are stories about the amazon's of Greek myth cutting the left breast off so as to not interfere with the bow.

That would be a serious shame in this case!

tonyb
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM

Good googly moogly!! Now there're some sqeezers

AriM
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM

more importantly, how did the barrel not bulge....this picture depicts and IMPOSSIBLE situation....the bullets would have catastrophically failed and shattered....and the barrel would have bulged....should I post a picture of a barrel I have that this happened to....??? it ain't pretty [smilie=l:

AriM
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
That's a Bow! How's she shoot that without getting the left one in the way, in the wringer so to speak?
There are stories about the amazon's of Greek myth cutting the left breast off so as to not interfere with the bow.

That would be a serious shame in this case!

hell with all that silicone I could make a very comfy pillow....even better if it stays on the lady....

Russel Nash
01-05-2010, 01:37 AM
I betchya her pillows would obturate around your head and face then.

(motorboat....motorboat....motorboat)

AriM
01-05-2010, 05:54 AM
I betchya her pillows would obturate around your head and face then.

(motorboat....motorboat....motorboat)

:bigsmyl2:[smilie=p:

RobS
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
he was distracted by the shooter in the adjacent lane with obturated string stoppers.

sweeeeeet!!!!!