PDA

View Full Version : Leemented? What is that?

KansasScout
01-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I am new here and am new too casting. I have seen the term "Leemented" here. What does that mean?

Marlin Hunter
01-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I am new here and am new too casting. I have seen the term "Leemented" here. What does that mean?

it is a conjunction of Lee (a brand of boolit mold) and lament (to express grieve for or about).

Wayne Smith
01-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Look for the sticky on Leementing a mold. It is a way to prepare a cheap Lee mold to last a lifetime if properly cared for while using. It assumes that a Lee mold is a kit that needs completion and provides instructions for completing the mold.

iron mule
01-01-2010, 11:26 PM
welcome kansasscout leementing is just the process you need to do to a lee mould most times to get it to co-operate with you// as states above check the sticky for the actual details// you can learn a lot of useful info here and don't be shy on asking questions
mule

Phat Man Mike
01-01-2010, 11:53 PM
[smilie=s: :redneck: Welcome KansasScout , it's a way to work over your lee molds and make them work like a high dollar one. :veryconfu

01-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Kansasscout,

Unfortunately, most Lee moulds will invariably require some TLC for optimum performance. Fortunately, the process is neither complicated nor costly. That's not to say that other brands are trouble-free -- not by a long shot -- it's just no member posted a thread titled "Lymanmenting".

Lee moulds are inexpensive, and once they have been brought up to their true boolit-dropping potential, will produce boolits that are no less in quality-of-cast than the much higher priced moulds.

I have Lee, pre-Lyman Ideal, Lyman, and RCBS moulds, they each have their quirks and uniqueness, and this site has taught me how to improve on any of their initial shortcomings. In the end, however, they all drop quality boolits.

By the way, welcome, stick around, read the stickies and the archives and enjoy the hobby...regardless of how vexing it may seem, or, at times, actually be. If nothing else, it sure beats the heck out of watching tv.