PDA

View Full Version : Anyone paperpatch the M1?

Ekalb2000
01-01-2010, 03:51 PM
If there is anyone that is doing it, any info would be appreciated.
Stuff like boolit wieght, sizing info, powder.
I am interested in loads with similar characteristics of M2 ball.
I guess I will have to buy a 150-160gr mold. Any reason is a good reason for another mold, right?
Its amazing the stuff you stumble onto in here.
I just asked my wife to bring home some reciept paper from work. She will have me commited soon.

thanks

andy

Crash_Corrigan
01-15-2010, 06:36 PM
I cast a 311284 gr Lyman boolit. Size it down to .308. PP with computer paper in a cigarette roller and let dry. Lube with JPW and size again to .309.

Loaded over 30 gr of 4064 powder they function well in my M-1 and group pretty good at 100 yds. At 300 they ring the gong most times and run at about 1750 FPS over the chrono.

Oh, I almost forgot...they are filled with dacron tufts to the base of the boolit to keep the powder from burning unevenly.

Larry Gibson had penned quite a few posts about the Garand and cast.

1874Sharps
01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
I have paper patched for the Garand using my custom made 168 grain gas check paper patch boolit. It actually worked quite well and acheived 2600 fps. In fact, I just received my order of 50 Lee custom molds of this type (second order, first order sold out a year ago and it has taken 12 months to get the second order!) and will shortly begin selling them on a popular site that must not be named on this forum. Sorry for the shameless plug, but I thought you might want one.