PDA

View Full Version : Handles for H&G 4 cavity

paul s
01-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I bought a old H&G 4 cavity mould 41 cal SWC. What handles do I need? are they still availble and from where?

sagamore-one
01-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Try www.ballisti-cast . com for new handles.

paul s
01-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Will RCBS handles work?

sagamore-one
01-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I guess that an enterprising person could make just about anything work. But you just can't beat original equipment H&G handles as supplied by Ballisti-cast. They are the people who purchased all the machinery, cherries, fixtures, and tooling when H&G went out of business. Four cavity handles came in more than one thickness. You need to measure the mould to verify the handles you order will actually fit.
Red River Rick can possibly supply you with a decent set of handles also.He is a board member here.
I have never felt the urge to try RCBS handles on an H&G mould.

Dennis Eugene
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Just send that mold to me I have some old handles around here some where and you don't really want an old obsolete mold around your place casting up old obsolete boolits anyways. Just let me help you out and I'll take it off your hands for no more than the price it takes for you to ship it to me. Dennis

budman46
01-08-2010, 09:53 AM
paul s

check out lee's 6-cavity mold handles...they work on my lyman 4-cavity molds and are inexpensive.

budman