PDA

View Full Version : Shuetzenvagen

rickster
12-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Here's my 70MPH reloading box and shooting bench. 1976 F250 460cu in Camper Special Supercab with 1950s vintage utility box. Not much on gas mileage but is fully stocked with powders, chrono, range finder, scope, cleaning equip, reloading equip........ The bed sides are just the right height to stand and shoot from, which I find easier on my back. Bought at a farm sale for $300 (less reloading equipment of course).

Anyone else have a Shuetzenvagen?

dubber123
12-31-2009, 08:21 PM
BruceB here on the forum has a van thats set up pretty slickly.

higgins
12-31-2009, 09:12 PM
The plastic barrel of dirt for a backstop is a great idea. Sometimes us hillbillies forget that not everyone has readily available hillsides to shoot into! The barrel would also be handy if the hillside was not in the right place.

BruceB
12-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Not only do I have a Scheutzenwagen, I even have dibs on the NAME!

To see some older photos of the 'wagen, go to Castpics (link at the bottom of this page) and click on "Projects". There've been many changes, and there's easily a TON of assorted 'stuff' living in the van now, but being able to shoot comfortably in lousy weather as I did last week is a pure and un-mixed blessing.

I need to post some updated pics.

I'm tickled to see that someone else has a dedicated shooting vehicle.

jim4065
01-01-2010, 01:28 AM
That's a great looking rig. Are you sure that's in Nevada? Looks mighty green from here...........

rickster
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Not only do I have a Scheutzenwagen, I even have dibs on the NAME!

So that's the history behind the name. I had seen it used in another thread and thought it fit.

I like what you did with the van. I've been on the lookout for a 4x4van to do something similar to yours for quite a while now, but 4x4 vans are scarce around here. May have to resort to an old front wheel drive soccer mom van.

In a previous life I had a cabin set up where I could shoot out of the window. It had all the comforts of home, and was nice that way, but the truck is good too in that I can move it to the various shooting spots I have set up. That way I can shoot from 0 to 1000yds and reload on the spot.

That's a great looking rig. Are you sure that's in Nevada? Looks mighty green from here...........

Hey thanks. Yeah its green here Kansas most of the time. How's things in Arnevada?[smilie=s:

The plastic barrel of dirt for a backstop is a great idea. Sometimes us hillbillies forget that not everyone has readily available hillsides to shoot into! The barrel would also be handy if the hillside was not in the right place.

Its amazing how much punishment those barrels can take. I use this spot (driveway) in the summer because I keeps me out of the chiggers, ticks and such. The treeline in the background is the back side of a 15ft high dam that catches any shots that miss the barrel. Behind that, the property in general sits in what passes for a valley in Kansas. That is, it has 150ft hills rimming 3 sides.