PDA

View Full Version : hungarian steyr m95 HELP!

sancarloskid
12-30-2009, 03:38 AM
hi everyone, first time posting and i really need some help.

Im kinda new to rifles, and i dont really know all the names of the parts, sorry in advance :)

Anyways I just brought home a hungarian steyr, and set in on cleaning all the cosmoline off of it. I took apart the bolt to clean it and i must have put it back together wrong. basically it looks like the front of the bolt where the firing pin is (the part that rotates) got put back on the bolt upside down. (180 degrees the wrong way). before i realized this i proceeded to put the bolt back in the rifle, and now its stuck. It will slide forward and back but wont come out. To exagerate the problem i unscrewed the back of the bolt, thinking it would help. It didn't.....
I know some will ask, and yes i know to push the trigger forward to release the bolt.
please any help, or suggestions would be great, just want to get it back to gether again, with out a trip to the gun smith.
thank you very much

StarMetal
12-30-2009, 08:42 AM
hi everyone, first time posting and i really need some help.

Im kinda new to rifles, and i dont really know all the names of the parts, sorry in advance :)

Anyways I just brought home a hungarian steyr, and set in on cleaning all the cosmoline off of it. I took apart the bolt to clean it and i must have put it back together wrong. basically it looks like the front of the bolt where the firing pin is (the part that rotates) got put back on the bolt upside down. (180 degrees the wrong way). before i realized this i proceeded to put the bolt back in the rifle, and now its stuck. It will slide forward and back but wont come out. To exagerate the problem i unscrewed the back of the bolt, thinking it would help. It didn't.....
I know some will ask, and yes i know to push the trigger forward to release the bolt.
please any help, or suggestions would be great, just want to get it back to gether again, with out a trip to the gun smith.
thank you very much

Here you go:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/steyrm95/bolt/pdf/m95bolths.pdf