PDA

View Full Version : What a GREAT Community we have here...

lathesmith
12-29-2009, 10:48 PM
at Cast Boolits and related forums. Just think, just in the last couple of years, we have went from one supplier of reasonable-cost molds (that might take over a year to arrive, if they arrive at all), to at least 3 on-site vendor sponsors. These guys do group buys, and some even keep a selection of molds on-hand for immediate purchase...4 cavity+, quality molds for around $100 or so, delivered within a reasonable timeframe. I mean, these guys are cranking out 1 or more GB's a week right now, what's not to LOVE about that?

And of course, there's leather goods, lead suppliers, sizer dies...great stuff, reasonably priced, made and delivered by people who treat you with courtesy and respect. I could only dream of a place like this a few years ago, and I would like to say a great big"THANK YOU" to all the people who make it happen, from the moderators, to sponsors, and of course the site owners, and all the countless people who strive to make this a civil and pleasant place to hang out. THANKS AGAIN, and here's to wishing all of you a GREAT New Year!

lathesmith

iron mule
12-29-2009, 11:06 PM
one plus on what Lathesmith had to say about this site and the folks hangin around here// i couldn't have said it better
mule

45nut
12-30-2009, 01:28 AM
and suppliers for sizing dies,, lube fixings, lube,, brass and lead, trying to be all inclusive for the great membership.

I'd say we were in the right place at the right time, even if we can't spell.

Bullshop
12-30-2009, 03:09 AM
OH man you just had to bring up that spelling thingy didnt ya.
BIC/BS

Three44s
12-30-2009, 03:10 AM
IT's AWESOME!!!!

Three 44s

blikseme300
12-30-2009, 04:53 AM
This forum proves, once again, that anything worth while has a worth while human component. The fine folks here on THR make all the difference.

Happy new year.

Bliksem

Idaho Sharpshooter
12-30-2009, 05:05 AM
this is THE PLACE to hang out if you have any interest in quality cast boolit stuff.

The crowd here ain't a bad bunch of folks either.

Rich

Nrut
12-30-2009, 05:10 AM
lathesmith,
I have to agree with you..
We are now living in the "Golden Age" of boolit casting, no doubt about that..:drinks:

Shiloh
12-30-2009, 07:05 AM
The folks on this forum are the best. Centuries of combined knowledge here. The fellows are willing to share it. Knowledge, spread it around.

Shiloh

44man
12-30-2009, 07:12 AM
I have to agree, just about anything and everything, all the best quality too.

gon2shoot
12-30-2009, 07:38 AM
You forgot loob grooves Ken.

madcaster
12-30-2009, 07:46 AM
OH man you just had to bring up that spelling thingy didnt ya.
BIC/BS

Dat's okay Dan,weuns jus went to hI schweel and iz more edjucatd,joke
s on dem!
'Sidez,we do hijackin threds hear!:bigsmyl2:

No_1
12-30-2009, 08:12 AM
There is a lot of good stuff available by the members to the members for sure and the generosity is unbelievable. I could not think of a better place to be!

R.

Cloudpeak
12-30-2009, 08:25 AM
This forum proves, once again, that anything worth while has a worth while human component. The fine folks here on THR make all the difference.
Happy new year.Bliksem

The folks on Cast Boolits are first class, too:-D

1874Sharps
12-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Speaking of some fine folks here, I am in Germany right now visiting my son (he just got back from a 12 month deployment in Iraq) and his wife. I got to meet HUBERTUS who is a forum member and lives here in Germany. I have always enjoyed his posts and now have had the pleasure of meeting him in person. He treated both me and my son to a little range time and generously provided both ammo and rifles. I believe such fine gentlemen are the norm on this forum and hope someday that I might meet more of you as well.

cajun shooter
12-30-2009, 09:26 AM
I think that the members of this forum are the type of men who have figured out how to stop and smell the roses, they also see the forest with the trees and it is a pleasure to be a part of that. Chris, members such as yourself turning out Star Dies that are better than the factory ones, Buckshot with his self taught lathe and metal skills, Bullshop with the lubes that have magic in them. Guys such as Felix, Kenny W. (our long shot expert) Lars with the best priced lubes that work, 45 Nut for getting it all started. This list would not be complete if I did not mention all the members each and every one who make it the best place in the world to start your day with that cup of brew. Thanks for the thread Chris.

OLPDon
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM
The silver streamers are indeed a special bread. Not found too often, I think it has to do with the type of person that takes the time to cast and fiddle with making Boolits fly true, also has there old time sprit's of sharing and careing for each other. I have seen were youngsters wanting starting out wanting to cast but lack the $$$$ were given reloading kits pots ect. Just to get them started. It starts the Pay It Forward for kindness and generosity. Liveing in the a big city friendly people are not too often found. This forum gives me a lift knowing there is more then just competing with everday life in the cement jungle. Although that group buy thingy sure can drain the $$$$$$.
Don

GLynn41
12-30-2009, 02:30 PM
This is indeed a good place Happy New Year

Farmall 1066
12-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Yep this sure is a good place to hang out!
Happy new year to you all!

Andy

shooterg
12-30-2009, 05:10 PM
+100 on all above. Without a place like this to learn from, some of us may never have taken the leap to casting boolits. Got some great deals at "blue light special" prices here too .
Hope 2010 finds all with unlimited lead sources & targets aplenty !

gray wolf
12-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Well you all don't leave me much to say except that I couldn't agree more.
There Have been times that I have sat and just gone over the old threads and had a blast of a good time.
I asked questions and get the answers I need in a way even I can understand.
I wish I could be more help but you bums all seem to know more than I do.Ha Ha--
So I hold up my glass to you all and may we have a good new year.

GW.