PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show Heartache

jcw1970
12-29-2009, 08:29 PM
So I was at our local gunshow looking for molds and other things I really don't need, when I run into a older gentleman walking around with a O/U. I asked him if he was selling or had just bought and he said he was selling. He handed me a Browning Citori XT with an adjustable comb and butplate. Also had the barrels ported. Beautiful gun I said. How much you asking? $500. SOLD! Now I had just picked up a Bersa Firestorm 380 for a great price of $175 so I had spent the fun money I had brought with me. No problem, I'll just go to the ATM machine. Well, I had already been earlier that morning and withdrew $200 and I guess there is a limit to the amount you can take out per day(come to find out it's $500) so if your card gets stolen, they can't rob you blind. It was a Saturday and I ran into this guy around 1pm so going to the bank was out of the question. Well I explained my problem to the guy when I got back from the ATM and that if I could get his name and number I'd have his money first thing on Monday. What I didn't know is that a dealer had been listening in on our transaction and while I was outside trying to get money out of the ATM he said he would buy it if I couldn't come up with the money. The guy said he was sorry but he needed the money and that he said he would sell it to this dealer if I didn't come back with the money. I understand that times are tough and he had a guy there with cash and he really couldn't count on me to buy it cause he didn't know me so I let it go. Couldn't really do anything else. So I go back Sunday and this dealer has the gun he bought from this guy up for sale. $1500.

atr
12-29-2009, 08:45 PM
your story reminds me of that old saying ..."cash is king"

shame on the dealer
atr

Bullshop Junior
12-29-2009, 10:21 PM
:groner: