PDA

View Full Version : .475 does it again

44man
12-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Not having time to load I only had 3 rounds left. I went down in my ladder stand and it was so windy, the big tree was blowing all over and creaking the stand. A bunch came in and I picked the size I wanted and shot her, it is doe season.
She dropped right by my 100 yard bench. Made things easy. Then I got the little machine stuck in the snow up at my gate and had to dig it out. Two wheel drive!
Coming up the hill I had to floor it to keep going but made it up.
The shot was only 25 yards, had to wait until she turned because they were walking right at me. Nothing left in the chest cavity from the hard cast.
It was so cold, blood froze as soon as it leaked out.

Frank
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
:drinks: Another job well done. Amazing you were able to do that in the wind and cold. No keyboard shooting over here. Not like that other board. :mrgreen:

44man
12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Clean up time, I am washing my hunting cloths now. Then I will have a bunch of stands to take down and store.
It was a fast year because of taking Carol for back work 4 times a week. I don't think I have over 8 hours of hunting time in 4 months but I shot 6 deer. I just got back from getting this one tagged. Tomorrow I have to cut it up.
Whitworth will be out in the morning to hunt and Bioman might be out later.
Frank, there were a lot of decent guys over there so I can't get angry over a few. We have to let it go. I met some nice guys that E mail me.

kingstrider
12-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Is that the same gun as in your avatar? What are those guns?

Bucks Owin
12-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, I guess you'll have to wait 'til next year to harvest two deer with the 2 cartridges you have left! :-D Best to you and Carol, Keep blastin' pal, Dennis :drinks: (BTW, regarding that "other forum", this old saying comes to mind: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" :wink:)

44man
12-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Is that the same gun as in your avatar? What are those guns?
Yes, it is the BFR .475. I also shot one with the 45-70 BFR.
Bucks, I never got a chance to use the .44, .45 or my Old Army cap and ball. I am out of all boolits and balls. Carol is too important. Even all the plants in her greenhouse froze because I don't know what to do to heat it. I put a heater in there but it was not enough. The electric line will not take too much before popping the breaker.
I have to feed the dogs, cats, chickens and donkey twice a day and then run to the stores for food and feed.

Changeling
12-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Yes, it is the BFR .475. I also shot one with the 45-70 BFR.
Bucks, I never got a chance to use the .44, .45 or my Old Army cap and ball. I am out of all boolits and balls. Carol is too important. Even all the plants in her greenhouse froze because I don't know what to do to heat it. I put a heater in there but it was not enough. The electric line will not take too much before popping the breaker.
I have to feed the dogs, cats, chickens and donkey twice a day and then run to the stores for food and feed.

Congratulations on #6, that .475 really puts a hurting on them doesn't it. Now at least you have enough meat till next year.
By then hopefully carol will be a "LOT" better and be able to take a little of the load off.

I know what you mean by being low on ammo. I've got 20 rounds of target left for the 220 swift and some 9mm and 22 long rifle of course but not a single round of anything else loaded. I just can't face going down the stairs to the basement to reload. It just makes the pain go through the roof, Hell I have to get my son to come over to go down there and bring me a supply of stuff to put in the refrigerator up stairs.

However, God willing, this will be all behind me (and Carol) by next year!

44man
12-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Congratulations on #6, that .475 really puts a hurting on them doesn't it. Now at least you have enough meat till next year.
By then hopefully carol will be a "LOT" better and be able to take a little of the load off.

I know what you mean by being low on ammo. I've got 20 rounds of target left for the 220 swift and some 9mm and 22 long rifle of course but not a single round of anything else loaded. I just can't face going down the stairs to the basement to reload. It just makes the pain go through the roof, Hell I have to get my son to come over to go down there and bring me a supply of stuff to put in the refrigerator up stairs.

However, God willing, this will be all behind me (and Carol) by next year!
I hope so, I want you to come over and have some fun. I hope the supply from the basement is 100 proof! :mrgreen:

Frank
12-30-2009, 01:21 AM
44man said
Frank, there were a lot of decent guys over there so I can't get angry over a few. We have to let it go. I met some nice guys that E mail me.
Oh, I let it go. Did some more shooting, shot some more good groups. Everything is just great. I just need to make more boolits. :Fire:

Changeling
12-30-2009, 05:08 PM
I hope so, I want you to come over and have some fun. I hope the supply from the basement is 100 proof! :mrgreen:

No I'm afraid not, I'm a beer man, but theres plenty of all that stuff around here, What's your pleasure, Brand, I need to know? PM me or tell me here, because I never come to anyones home empty handed, thats just totally inhuman, LOL.

44man
12-30-2009, 07:33 PM
No I'm afraid not, I'm a beer man, but theres plenty of all that stuff around here, What's your pleasure, Brand, I need to know? PM me or tell me here, because I never come to anyones home empty handed, thats just totally inhuman, LOL.
Cheap and large! :bigsmyl2: I make my own beer. But don't worry about it. I help every one. Some just do not understand me and I will work for weeks to fix something and never ask for much. I don't care about money or profit, only friends.