PDA

View Full Version : S&W Mod 15's & 67's Sale Going on Now

Sprue
12-28-2009, 01:11 AM
I just found this note in my email box and thought I would pass this a long.

Mods.. if this is not couth please delete, just giving a heads up thats all.

J&G Sales

These Smith & Wesson revolvers are some of the most famous and sought after handguns. They are the tried and true K-frame in 38Special caliber, 6 shot cylinder, with the 4 inch barrel and adjustable sights. The Model 15 is blued, and the Model 67 is the stainless version. Versions of these were used by the US Air Force, the LAPD, the FBI, and many other departments as issue sidearms. We have obtained a large selection, all of them are double action only with modified spur hammers, and they come in three grades from Good up to Very Good Plus, ranging from $239.95 to $279.95 each

J&G Sale - Click Here (http://www.jgsales.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=smith+dao+4in)

missionary5155
12-28-2009, 06:26 AM
Good morning
I just read through the add.... the add states, "Double action ONLY". Just be aware & read the whole add. I was thinking maybe a couple others for trading material until I got to the bottom of the reading.

HeavyMetal
12-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Bear in mind these are, most likely, police trade in's.

To make these DAOo's most dept. Armour's simplely cut of the single action "notch" on the hammer! LAPD did DAO guns for years, and still issues to trainees, and thats all they did.

For $219 I think one could afford to pop for a new hammer. Heck if S&W still make the 15, and it's been drop tested, I might be able to have one shipped into CA.

exile
12-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Still seems like a good deal to me, but what do I know? They also have Swiss K-31's for $ 219.00. Is that a good price?

exile

beagle
12-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Would be very easy to replace the hammer with a K frame target hammer. I have an old PD gun and it's a shooter./beagle

mike in co
12-28-2009, 04:46 PM
not being a big revolter fan to begin with, the DAO part of the ad was a big turn off.....

mike in co

Jack Stanley
12-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I remember a long time ago , my gunsmith showed me a S&W that had the single action part removed . We compared it to a unmodified gun and the double action seemed a good bit lighter of a pull . If these guns are like that and fires the primer every time it's not hard to shoot double action ... it hasta be a smooth pull though .

Jack

Shiloh
12-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Bear in mind these are, most likely, police trade in's.

To make these DAOo's most dept. Armorers simply cut of the single action "notch" on the hammer! LAPD did DAO guns for years, and still issues to trainees, and thats all they did.

For $219 I think one could afford to pop for a new hammer. Heck if S&W still make the 15, and it's been drop tested, I might be able to have one shipped into CA.

That is my understanding as well. Numrich may have the hammer and associated Parts. S&W doesn't list a complete hammer, But I may have missed it. Unless you can scare up a hammer, it will be a DAO revolver.

Shiloh

HeavyMetal
12-28-2009, 11:30 PM
I can remember going into gun shops, some years ago, and seeing action parts for S&W revolvers hanging in Vacuum packaged glory from a revolving stand on the end of most counters!

I saw J frame target hammers and triggers as well as target grips, plus the large assortment of hammers and triggers for K and N frame guns.

Now I'll admit I haven't seen such "jewlery" in awhile but have every confidance that I could lay my hands on a K frame hammer in short order if I found the need for one!

Heck J&G might have them in stock! Numrich will for sure!

I wouldn't let the DAO part of this ad scare me if I wanted a 38 special with adjustable sites!

lonewelder
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM
sounds like a good deal.a new hammer should be all you need.i really doubt they changed the sear.probably just ordered them with a bobed hammer.numrich gun parts should be able to hook you up

lonewelder
12-28-2009, 11:46 PM
just clicked on the site and read the ad.it said with spur hammer.probably need a new hammer and sear.i would get a new trigger return spring to.the hammer spring should be ok.test with cci primmers.s&w are not that complicated

machinisttx
12-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Chances are you can find a replacement hammer, sear, etc. for around $80. Just remember that parts vary somewhat between dash numbers. Probably want to pick up a copy of the S&W Shop Manual while you're at it.