PDA

View Full Version : Date of manufacture of Blackhawk?

Changeling
12-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I had a link to go to Ruger and find out the date of manufacture of any Ruger fire arm. However when I now go to that link, none of that information is there.
I run Linux Ubuntu (Love it) but I don't think that has anything to do with it. It works better than windows ever did.

Have they stopped this? Can anyone tell me the date Blaskhawk serial# 47-64***.

jhrosier
12-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Have they stopped this? Can anyone tell me the date Blaskhawk serial# 47-64***.

It dates to 1995.

The information for production dates is now on the same pages with the instuction manuals.

Jack

Changeling
12-27-2009, 07:23 PM
It dates to 1995.

The information for production dates is now on the same pages with the instuction manuals.

Jack

Thank you Jack, they couldn't have hid it better could they.[smilie=l:

jhrosier
12-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Thank you Jack, they couldn't have hid it better could they.[smilie=l:

Yes, they could have put it with the parts booklets, which I still haven't found.:(

Jack

Changeling
12-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes, they could have put it with the parts booklets, which I still haven't found.:(

Jack

Oh God, now I'll have to find that, Whoops, Ruger's don't break, just keep saying that over and over, LOL.
Thanks, Man.

jhrosier
12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
.... Ruger's don't break, just keep saying that over and over, LOL.
Thanks, Man.

I said it for 40 years. Then, last year, my 1975 vintage Single-Six broke.:holysheep

The only weak point on a Ruger single action is the hammer plunger.
Imagine that, after only 30,000 rounds the hammer plunger broke!
I've got spares now, so that should never happen again.:wink:

Jack

Bullshop Junior
12-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I just found out my Ruger 45 was made in 1974, And My old Mk I is a 1951.

Changeling
12-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I just found out my Ruger 45 was made in 1974, And My old Mk I is a 1951.

It's pretty neat finding out the manufacture dates isn't it. I was laying in bed this morning thinking about my 45 and the fact it was made in 1995, thats just short of 15 years ago. What I was wondering was why in Hell did the guy shoot it so much without ever cleaning it, and then everything came to a stop?
I've seen some dirty guns but this is way past that, I sincerely believe that if someone had shot a high pressure copper load through it, it would have burst the barrel!!!! Once I get it spotless I will slug the barrel and see what that shows. No hurry, I'm about as messed up as that barrel, but I'm getting better, maybe we'll both come out OK. :violin: