PDA

View Full Version : 1 Inch Muzzle Loader

missionary5155
12-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Good morning
I decided to get my 1" barrel mounted before I head back to Peru. Barrel has been sitting in a 5 gallon bucket with it's .85 cousin waiting to make some noise but alas other "more important" projects were tackled first.
Having already packed most my supplies & "tools" there sat the 5 gallon bucket with 2 barrels. I near hauled them away to storage BUT realised there was still 4 weeks to departure & I needed something to occupy my bony fingures.
So at least "Woods Tool" is presentable enough to sit in a bowhunters living room rather than hide in storage in an old "mud bucket" with it's ingnored little cousin.
Weights 32 pounds, 17 " long, 2 3/4" at breech & 2 5/8 at muzzle. Will not win any authenticy prizes but should be useful to keep the nasty crow flocks from invading certain areas of woodsy spots. Good handful of lead swanshot & 150 grains of F at 70 yards..... electrical ignition... What a patriotic SALUTE !!!
When I get back I will do my initial load developement and range tests. Still need to make my ramrod, swab, vent pick & cartrige former.

John Taylor
12-27-2009, 01:22 PM
The little ones are fun but bigger is better. My 2" being shot in competition.
http://johntaylormachine.com/typo3temp/pics/c10a458df7.jpg

missionary5155
12-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Hello John Taylor
One day I may have a home "up here" in the U.S. & a Large Bore will be in the makings.
By the way the 414 SM barrel shoots REAL GOOD ! Thanks for the EXCELLENT service.