PDA

View Full Version : Lucky day for .358" molds!

Bucks Owin
05-24-2006, 06:13 PM
BTW, just what is the correct spelling. "Mould" or Mold" I wonder? Seems to me that "mold" is the greenishgreyblack fuzzy stuff although I've seen it used like "Jello mold" too....
(Think I'll invent my own spelling!!!)

ANYWAY!

For some unknown reason as I was driving past my favorite powder burnin' and gun store yesterday, I decided to whip a U-turn (safely of course for you LEOs among us! :-D ) and go check the "bargain table". Sometimes I find something of use although it's usually a tale of "Gee, you should'a been here yesterday...".

Well, I guess it was my turn because I spotted these two mowlds (:roll: ) lying there. Sorry the price isn't legible but it was $9.95 and $12.95. Got 'em both for $20...

One drops a GC boolit of 156 grs and the other a 140 gr PBHP. The HP mowld drops perfect boolits effortlessly....(the GC needs the "Comet treatment" I think...)

My lucky day for a change!

Dennis

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/BucksOwin/Cheap001.jpg

versifier
05-24-2006, 07:01 PM
You got it right. Mold is the greenish fuzz that grows on the science projects in the back of the refridgerator. A mould is a form designed to reproduce a particular shape by casting. If you have Jello mold, throw it out. :-D BTW, nice haul.

LET-CA
05-24-2006, 10:17 PM
You got it right. Mold is the greenish fuzz that grows on the science projects in the back of the refridgerator. A mould is a form designed to reproduce a particular shape by casting. If you have Jello mold, throw it out. :-D BTW, nice haul.

I had wondered about the correct spelling too. Always learn something when I visit here. . . Thanks to all.

454PB
05-24-2006, 11:02 PM
That Lee 158 CG design is a dandy. I've shot some amazing groups with it in my GP100.

jcadwell
05-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Mould is the British spelling of mold. Mold is an acceptable spelling of either green fuzz or a hollow form for shaping a fluid or plastic.

Bucks Owin
05-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Mould is the British spelling of mold. Mold is an acceptable spelling of either green fuzz or a hollow form for shaping a fluid or plastic.

Ahhhhh HA!

Thanks for the clarification. Having lived in Canada for a spell, (and so being used to putting "U"s in odd places), I might've figured that out myself eh? :roll:

Dennis

rebliss
06-08-2006, 06:55 PM
....(the GC needs the "Comet treatment" I think...)

What is the "Comet Treatment?"

jcadwell
06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Using Comet brand cleaner as an abrasive and polish to lap the interior of the mold, cleaning it at the same time. Works wonders.

kodiak1
06-08-2006, 09:14 PM
[smilie=1: Spell it anyway you want!! Just quit stealing all the buy's you lucky dog I have the same mould in 158 and love it cast for my marlin 357 rifle and in an afternoon my woman can put a bunch of lead through thtat bad boy.
Ken:castmine:

Bucks Owin
06-09-2006, 01:45 PM
[smilie=1: Spell it anyway you want!! Just quit stealing all the buy's you lucky dog I have the same mould in 158 and love it cast for my marlin 357 rifle and in an afternoon my woman can put a bunch of lead through thtat bad boy.
Ken:castmine:

Yeah, a few others have also said that particular boolit is a good one for .357....

Kind of a funny looking bullet ain't it? Looks more "wadcutter" than "semi wadcutter" with that short nose...

Now, I just need some .357 GCs....

Dennis

PS. I've decided that it should be spelled "mowld" :D