PDA

View Full Version : Luber/Sizer Heater

StarMetal
12-26-2009, 11:31 AM
I thought I'd put this idea for heater here. We got a new electric skill and I haven't thrown the old one out yet. It works fine except a good portion of the Teflon coating is gone. As you all know the electric coil is in a circle molded into aluminum rib underneath. The inner diameter of the circle is fairly large. Large enough that a Lyman or RCBS luber/sizer will mount to it. I thought about cutting around the outer diameter and that leaves me with a flat piece. Now the coil underneath is in a molded raised rib, but after cutting it out you just turn in upside down on your bench and it's flat. The heat control give you various settings. I have a heater for my Lyman, but if anyone wants this electric skillet one let me know and I'll cut her out and mail it to you for postage.

Joe

Caveape
12-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Starmetal,

Sure, I'm interested.
PM sent.......

cheese1566
12-26-2009, 12:18 PM
One of my first experiments\prototyping was with a tore down 4 cup coffee maker. It had a heating element just as Starmetal describes above, but a smaller version. Small enough to just fit under a luber.
The problem with this one was it had a high heat setting so it would would need a rheostat (spec'd to take the high wattage) for control.
I lost interest and canned it after finding a Lyman cartridge heater at Cabela's Bargain Cave.

StarMetal
12-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Starmetal,

Sure, I'm interested.
PM sent.......

Mailing the cut down and ready to go heater to Caveape.

Joe

largom
12-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Should work good. I used the heating element and the controller off of an electric cooker my wife threw out [coating came off]. I can control the heat from room temp. to VERY hot.

Larry