PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

pmeisel
12-25-2009, 08:59 AM
I got a 2010 Gun Digest, and a few weeks ago I bought an old H&R Premier .32 revolver....

Tom Myers
12-25-2009, 09:45 AM
I found a Tipton Best Gun Vice under the tree this morning.

Life is good.

LIMPINGJ
12-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Woke up to a baeutifull sunrise, Sahara my dog got to bark at two does and a fawn out front of the house and the grandkids will come over later.

DevilDog83
12-25-2009, 10:13 AM
My kids came over yesterday, and my new son-in -law and my girlfriend was here, my daughter cooked a great meal, girlfriend made dessert and we are all shooting a match together on Sunday, don't get no better, Merry Christmas and God bless the America I grew up in

blackthorn
12-25-2009, 10:55 AM
SPCA got $100 (my gift to wife) and the Food Bank got $100 (wifes gift to me). We exchanged cards and get to spend the day together. We are retired and are lucky enough to have what we need and we tend to have "christmas" presents any time we see something the other one needs. She's a keeper for sure! Merry Christmas to all!!!

bigdog454
12-25-2009, 11:22 AM
A 50 cal CVA Omega, SS fluted barrel, camo stock.
I'v been really good!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
and may your powder flask be ever full, and your possibles bag be heavy with shot.

Correction: it's an Acura, not Omega

Trey45
12-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Carharts and Dickies trousers.

Kraschenbirn
12-25-2009, 12:03 PM
18V Porter-Cable cordless drill, Lee's "Modern Reloading", Pearl Izumi biking gloves, and a Trek Wireless Bike Spedometer/Odometer...and the fun of watching my wife of 40+ years open her presents! (She's as much an "equipment junkie" for her kitchen as I am for my loading/casting workshop.)

Merry Christmas to All.

Bill

Marvin S
12-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I got a Rock. But it did snow last night and literally had to dig my way out the door this mourning.

Jim
12-25-2009, 12:28 PM
10.5" Lodge cast iron chicken pan w/lid, Fisher .375 H&H Magnum ink pen, a Menninite hand made quilt, a hand made bolo scrimshawed with a beautiful buck's head, a 6 pak of my favorite beverage and a breakfast of eggs over easy, bacon and hash browns.

I GOT IT GOIN' ON, FELLAS![smilie=w:

dukenukum
12-25-2009, 12:32 PM
A couple loafs of my aunts home made bread and home made jelly assortment.
A hot coco and mug set.
wood stove for the garage/workshop.
laptop computer (using it now).
wireless router.
huge monitor for the desk top computer.
powered usb hub.
carry case for the laptop.
a big can of popcorn.
.38 special brass once fired.
foster sister made me a fancy blanket.
:grin: :)

high standard 40
12-25-2009, 12:50 PM
We won't open gifts till tomorrow. My daughter is a nurse, lives 70 miles away, and is working here last night shift tonight, thus the delay. So far I have recieved a headband mounted LED tracking light from my BIL. That's cool.

And I got a Rock River Arms AR complete lower with the Match trigger and two 30 round mags.:grin:

Terrier
12-25-2009, 12:53 PM
The whole family togather for the first time in a couple of years. Son in from school in Denver and daughter in from school in Chicago. This is all this old man really needs, except maybe for some grandchildren to pass on the mysteries of the shooting sports to.

Terrier

thx997303
12-25-2009, 02:02 PM
RCBS Primer Pocket Swager.

Lee primer Pocket Cleaner.

New Lee Mold.

Ammo Boxes.

And the smile on my wife and daughter's faces when they opened their presents.

Merry Christmas. :grin:

Jim
12-25-2009, 02:07 PM
.....and the smile on my wife and daughter's faces when they opened their presents.

Merry Christmas. :grin:

Now, THAT'S priceless!

kgb
12-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Everything I asked for. A Daisy 25. Plus some BB's.

Muddy Creek Sam
12-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Let's see, I got a Pat Marlin Rock Dock from my Mom, a hotplate, an Engraved knife with Display holder, a lee e cavity mold with handles, a 2010 Gun Digest, a senic Throw, half a 32" HD TV, a Cowboy Statue, a 22lr Kimber Conversion, a Shooting Rest, A DVD of The Outlaw Josey Wales, and a Wonderful night out with Katie. Got to save the best for Last right.:bigsmyl2:

Merry Christmas,

Sam :D

supertodd
12-25-2009, 02:35 PM
coal- I have to work 12 hrs 2day

Deliverator
12-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I got clothes and some 9mm factory ammo. I don't know what my sister got me though, have to find out later I guess.

JeffinNZ
12-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Amongst othe things, a very cool weather station.

hoosierlogger
12-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I got a Craftsman roll around tool box from the Wife.

And Best of all, my brother came home from Iraq. Got that one from uncle Sam.

Cheshire Dave
12-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Pachmayer pre-fit recoil pad for my Marlin 45-70.Never did see why that hard kicker had a wimpy 1/2 inch pad. The direction say to drill new holes with an included drill and use plastic anchors? Looks like the holes line up ,thick I'll just see if the factory screws work.
Hope every one has a great Christmas...

mike in co
12-25-2009, 07:35 PM
if one does not count the finn 28-30 i bought myself on sunday( part of it was christmas money)
then:

chocolate.....my family knows i am a chocaholic...

some home made from one sister and imported fudge from one dau( alaska is a forgein country ..right ?)

some time off from work....prepping brass on the lathe....sub freezing weather, garage heater going full blast.

mike in co

HollandNut
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Only thing on my list , is a new Cobra 29 LTD BT Cb raydiddio ,, The old one shudda been retired years ago ...

10 gallon shop vac

Garmin Nuvi 255W GPS .. Complete surprise there .. Now I can find my way to the misstresses house ..

Ergonomic keyboard , love it ...

Leather chaps for the Harley riding ..

Buncha other small stuff ..

Got Sweetie her normal $3-$400 worth of toliet water ..

She declared early on , she wasn't cooking today , so we all took her out to lunch today ..

softpoint
12-25-2009, 09:17 PM
1895CB, small Bark River knife, a RCBS .45 325 boolit mold, a Mueller 4.5x14 scope , a new CED chrono with all the extra's, infrared screens, other little goodies. Of course the wife got a necklace with some of those little rocks in it ,too.
We have belonged to each other 34 years. :D

wiljen
12-25-2009, 09:35 PM
a kid who racked up and had a great day. (I got a shirt and some Axe body wash).

HollandNut
12-25-2009, 09:46 PM
This was the goodest Christmas we've had , say that every year ..

Aint so much the gifts , the older I get , the more it's family and friends ..

My side gets together every year , the Saturday before Christmas .. Went to brothers in North Georgia last Friday and spent the night , after all these years finally got Sweetie in a motel room ..

Brother and his wife are both excellent cooks , grub was great ..

Mother is 83 this coming April , was in much better spirits , than last year ..

Was worth the trip to see her in such good spirits ..

montana_charlie
12-25-2009, 10:04 PM
A Christmas dinner consisting of my favorite style of enchiladas (her gift to me).
I helped cook 'em, and cleaned up the kitchen (my gift to her).

We also swapped pies, breads, cupcakes, pickles, and salsa with all of the neighbors.
CM

HollandNut
12-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Nothin' wrong with that Charlie , fortunately , only allowed in kitchen to raid fridge and nothin' more ..

thx997303
12-25-2009, 10:53 PM
After I posted last, I received 1lb of Titegroup, 3 bottles of LLA, 300 Primers, and a visit from Jester Grin.

:D

ihmsakiwi
12-26-2009, 04:32 AM
I got the bucks together to buy my first Group Buy mold a 5 banger 7mm.
Also got a Navmav car GPS and had great day with the kids being home from various locations. Weather hot as hell, turkey on the webber and the ham on the gas BBQ food was great as usual.

Southern Son
12-26-2009, 05:28 AM
I got a new wallet (old one was fallingg apart), a Leatherman Mulit-Tool, and enough unhealthy food to block another artery (my girly is a GOOOOD cook).

Rick N Bama
12-26-2009, 07:05 AM
An early winter vacation in the mountains of E. Tennessee, the 20ga Stoeger Coach gun I've been wanting, funds to buy a new dryer for the house, new cordless phones & some good smelling stuff. Also a trip today to my favorite gun store with my son, life is good!

Rick

Taylor
12-26-2009, 07:18 AM
I got #1 son home on leave,a pair of riding gaunlets,new boots.Bought #1 son a martin recurve and a book,The Hunters of Kentucky.#2 son got a Saiga in .410.This time next year I'm not sure if I will have my sons home for Christmas,as #2 is also enlisting this next week.I know it is time for them to go and do there thing,but it is going to be rough.I'll have to cut my own grass!

bullshot
12-26-2009, 08:17 AM
I got a gift certificate from one of the local gun shops and a seven in row of staples from some emergency surgery. Both very much appreciated. Life is good

Range Gypsy
12-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Best of all was visits with a couple of good friends, but there was some other stuff:
My sweetie and I pooled our resources and got us a Redding case trimmer and RCBS tumbler
under the tree was:
a cool shot gun bbq lighter
a bottle of "Deerstalker" single malt scotch
a hole saw set
a mortar and pestle
and one set of auger gimlets

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! [smilie=s:

~ Range Gypsy

softpoint
12-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Since the last post,two bottles of fine whiskey have showed up....

fivegunner
12-26-2009, 09:48 AM
I got a 2010 gun digest from the wife and a great meal, but the best was watching my 5 year old grandson open gifts. I set back and thought about all my friends and family that have passed ,and all the pass Xmas I have had in my 55 years. :coffee::castmine:

Brownie
12-26-2009, 09:57 AM
I got a Model 10 Ross .303 that was made in 1914, according to the date stamped in the stock.

41 mag fan
12-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Nothing for xmas this yr. Economy and my wifes job loss put a hamper on everything. But I did manage to get her up north to see her family for 5 days now. Guess you could say that was my Christmas present to her.

mike in co
12-26-2009, 11:53 AM
ohhhhh i almost forgot....a customer gave me a canadian club gift set.....ya know that sippin' stuff

mike in co

Bullshop
12-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I got a savior that took my place on the cross and suffered and died so that the debt could be paid for my sins.
Even though I am guilty he will call me inocent when it is my turn to stand naked before the Lord.
Even though I know I dont deserve it and I will be trembling when he says enter into my rest good and faithful servent.
Anyone get a better gift?
Blessings!
BIC/BS

HollandNut
12-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Nope BS caint top that one ..

I got that one many years ago ..

gray wolf
12-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Nope BS caint top that one--Nor me BS.

But I guess I will tell my little story anyway. Most know from reading my post the wife and I live with our 2 year old Malamute Ashly in a very small cabin about 18x26' tucked in the wilderness of Maine.
Retired and on a small fixed income so everything now is a big deal. even a bottle
of B/S sprue plate lube. Food is way up on the list of nice things to have.
Well X-max eve we were talking about the little Turkey Julie was going to make us for X-max's day it was 9:30 PM. At 9:35 PM the Sheriff called and said There was a moose that was just put down about 20 miles away. I called my friend Clyde and off we went.
It was a young bull bout 550LB. He was down a slight embankment about 100'.
Very little traffic so we roped up one leg and the Deputy blocked the road with his vehicle and we pulled him up to the road side. Gutted him and used the truck plow to cover the gut pile.
Well these two old guy's had some time lifting that bad boy onto the tale gate.
We got a little help from a passing guy and up he went.
Three hours latter we were home. X-max day was spent sharpening knives and putting up the meat. So it's Sat. now and the turkey is cooking and the freezer is fill up.

All the glory to the Lord he watches over us and provides.

Digger
12-26-2009, 05:59 PM
As Bullshop states , there is no greater gift..........

Have been out of town for a while and was eager to see another blessing in my life , and she was there to greet me with a big smile and a hug when I got home...felt very lucky.

on the minor scale of things I had a hard time getting these under the tree !! Happy Holidays to all!

HeavyMetal
12-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Big Buck Hunter Pro Video Game
Radar Detector
Spotting scope
$50.00 cash. My oldest Daughter buys cheap 99cent store onaments, puts cash and Lottery scratchers in them and then Christmas morning I get to shoot them off the tree with an air soft pistol! What a blast!

At the company Christmas party I nailed a 22 inch flat screen TV/monitor/ DVD player. Used the Xmas bonus to buy a Colt Polished Stainless Steel 1911!

Not a bad Christmas for such a lousy year econmically.

But the best part? The big smile on the kids face when she opened her box with the Green Bay blanket it it!

Merry Christmas to all!

EMC45
12-26-2009, 07:14 PM
I got a savior that took my place on the cross and suffered and died so that the debt could be paid for my sins.
Even though I am guilty he will call me inocent when it is my turn to stand naked before the Lord.
Even though I know I dont deserve it and I will be trembling when he says enter into my rest good and faithful servent.
Anyone get a better gift?
Blessings!
BIC/BS

Well put. The one gift that has meant more than any other! My faults and my shame and He took it all. King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Messiah!!

Ekalb2000
12-26-2009, 08:12 PM
+1 BS

Folks came down to escape the snow in WV. They headed back today. The kids got me a wallet and key holder, I am always misplacing both of them. My wife got me the Lee classic cast turret press. I have already cranked out a couple hundred rounds of .357 and 44mag. At this rate I now see the need for a 6cav mold and a bottom pour pot.

kbstenberg
12-26-2009, 08:54 PM
We went to the daughter an soninlaws house. He was a chef. Made Excellent Prime Rib with all the fixings. But i had to needle him, he forgot the Hoarse Radish.
My biggest enjoyment was watching the wife with all the grands. Santa gave me my Lee Pro 4-20, New tennies.
Only drawback was the weather. Sloppiest wettest miserable weekend in Christmas history. Snow - Rain - Slushy roads for 4 days. But made it home safe an sound. Good to be away from the city again.
May we all say a prayer for those that are in harms way so that we may have a safe Christmas!
Kevin

Shiloh
12-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Cleanings rods, wallet, and a winter hat.
We took care of other issues this year. Contributing to a better next year.

Shiloh

Super38
12-26-2009, 09:34 PM
I got my first snubbie -S&W 442 Airweight .38 Special. Shoots great, just takes a little (no pun intended) getting used to. It will make a great pocket BUG.

Super38

hammerhead357
12-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Have already put this in another thread. 1 m each of 22, 30, 35, 44, and 45 cal. gas checks. One 6 cavity 45 Lee mold and one 6 cavity 358 cal. mold. Also a new laptop and the book "Elmer Keith the other side of a western ledgend". Oh and a pint of Crown Royle.

But best of all was a few days at home with my family. I have been working on the west bank across from New Orleans. for the last about 30 days and now have to go back for 30 to 45 days. This means I am about 560 miles from home and my family....Wes

BOOM BOOM
12-26-2009, 11:19 PM
HI,
THE BEST WAS THE SAVIOR, & A CHANCE AT SALVATION.
But for the materialist in me 18 sticks of cast bullet lube.:smile:

Doc Highwall
12-26-2009, 11:40 PM
My wife paid for my 7mm Hunter group buy mould in a three cavity.

BBA
12-27-2009, 09:35 AM
+1 what Bullshop said.
My youngest son has been working his butt off and going to school and paying for previous classes. He bought a lg screen TV for the family, I get to buy the programming(OK). Wife gave me a very nice watch and a Benchmade knife with a M4 steel blade. The best was just getting everyone together any enjoying the day.

WILCO
12-27-2009, 10:01 AM
But I did manage to get her up north to see her family for 5 days now. Guess you could say that was my Christmas present to her.

Good job Dude! That's a bigger gift than you know right now. Stay strong, shoot straight.

Frank46
12-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Having my wife and two daughters home for Christmas that's all I needed. However
did get some privi .366 285 grain j-words and a set of hornady 9.3x57 dies for my swedish 98 mauser in that caliber. And a skill package set of battery powered tools. Life don't get any better than that. Frank

cajun shooter
12-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I've been wanting a new Rugged Gear shooting cart but with the income down some 75% from past years it was a no no . But we had one of our customers give us a $500 thank you check and I sold my old cart for $150. The wife gave me the extra $200 that I needed and I'm now the pround new owner of that cart. I sold a gun and did not tell her so that I could buy her some nice perfume that she has wanted for a long time but could not buy. With all the extra little steps needed to give my wife something nice for Christmas it made this one very special. With all that is going on in this country it brought back some memories of Christmas past. I spent a few Holidays away in 1965-67 serving my country and said a prayer for those that are doing the same now. I grew up very poor and went with out getting any thing for Christmas and I know that we have a lot of people in that shape now. It's a very sad time for many. Help those you can and remember the old saying that my Grandmother taught me "I cried because I had no shoes, Then I saw the Man with no feet"

BD
12-28-2009, 01:55 PM
I got three days off work in a row and a chance to put presses back on a bench so I can reload again. I've been out of action since the move back to SC in Sept.
BD

atr
12-28-2009, 02:22 PM
a Ruger #1 in 7x57.....HURRAY !!!!

Springfield
12-28-2009, 02:38 PM
We had my sister and brother and their better halves over for Christmas Eve dinner. The boys cooked, the women got to sit it out, and they were worried but it all came out great(their words). My kids had a mini-Christmas opening their gifts from my family. The next morning was real Christmas, and the kids opened our gifts(Thomas trains and Soda Pop girl dolls, mostly). That night we went to my wife's sister's house where we had Christmas dinner, and some more opening gifts for my two. I gave my wife a self-winding watch and she gave me a brand of Bourbon I hadn't tried before. All in all I didn't have to drive more than 10 miles, had 2 great dinners and spent time with family and everyone got along great. Didn't blow a lot of money on gifts, just spent the time with family.