PDA

View Full Version : redhawk .45 lc

cptinjeff
12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
I know this has been covered....but looking for impressions of the newer Ruger redhawk in .45 lc. I think they re-introduced it in 2007? Cylinder and bore size? Trigger? Feel of the rubber grips?

44man
12-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Knowing Ruger, you need to buy one and take your own measurements.
I don't much like the RH and prefer the BH or SRH.

cptinjeff
12-24-2009, 02:39 PM
I have a BH convertable. I'm just a double action kind of guy. I hunted exclusively with handguns the last dozen years (deer and hogs). I really wanted to like the BH but I just keep picking My ranging bull in .44 when I get a chance to hunt. I love the RB but want something a little smaller and .45 cal. I shoot the bh well in both calibers but I just prefer the double action. Can't give you a good reason why. Also, I have a freedom arms 1997 . 45 colt with a acp cylinder so I don't shoot the blackhawk too much any more. If it wasn't for still liking higher pressure loads (ocasionaly...and because I'm still young and dumb), I would be trying to find a good 4" MG.

BTW Why the SRH over the RH??

Trey45
12-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I have the 4" Redhawk 45 Colt. The 1st thing I did was take the condom grips off and install new old stock factoiry wood grips. I must have one of the good ones since it's accurate right out of the box, I size all my boolits to .452 regardless of weight and the Redhawk shoots them in very tight groups. I didn't slug the bore or the chamber throats, I figure if it's accurate I don't need to bother with it. I don't have a trigger scale, but consider it typical Ruger trigger pulls for both DA and SA. If you want a heavy double action 45 Colt, the Redhawk certainly fits the bill.

LeMat
01-01-2010, 05:14 PM
My thoughts seem to echo Trey45's. Mine does everything I want it to and the accuracy is fine for me. I'm not doing 100yard shooting and carry it more for defense against mad bruins than anything else.

I love mine.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp240/LeMat_photos/guns%20for%20forums/Redhawk014.jpg

Longrange
01-01-2010, 05:48 PM
LeMat
That is one fine looking Ruger. That is the one I have been looking at as well. Hope you enjoy it.

:Fire: